Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63
  1. borpples's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Leaked: BlackBerry Storm2 9550 OS 5.0.0.1015

    Leaked: BlackBerry Storm2 9550 OS 5.0.0.1015 ~ BlackBerry Leaks - BBLEAKS.COM

    Positive findings should be listed in BLUE
    Negative findings should be listed in RED

    No robovoice

    OpenGL bug still present
    Media player bug is still there with that black bar in portrait mode
    Speaker popping for some, not for others
    Bedside mode still broken (use fix here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/95...de-fix-541002/)
    Last edited by borpples; 11-05-2010 at 02:04 PM.
  2. Derwent Graphite's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    890 Posts
    Global Posts
    892 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Wow, that's pretty fast considering how .983 dropped for 9550 not too long ago.
  3. cmpdblue's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derwent Graphite View Post
    Wow, that's pretty fast considering how .983 dropped for 9550 not too long ago.
    That was fast. I wonder what this has and if it's worth the install. 983 has been working well for me so far, so I might not wanna risk it

    Guess I'll wait to see what kind of feedback this one gets...
    I didn't say it was your fault...I just said I was gonna blame you !!!
  4. Slapnpop826's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    PIN
    316657EF
    #4  

    Default

    I'm going for it. What the ****?
    Friends call me Big John
  5. leecott's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,049 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,051 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    I'll stick with this .607 hybrid for the time being.

    The later leaks/officials simply suck.
    Twitter | #teamblackberry president
    Just Clutch
  6. luxurie's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    63 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    i'll only download it if it fixes the texting 160 max issue... otherwise .983 is fine for me
  7. maxer04#CB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Are there any sort of UI changes?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  8. thebr0ken's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luxurie View Post
    i'll only download it if it fixes the texting 160 max issue... otherwise .983 is fine for me
    install CrunchSMS and text your fingers away! looks 100% better than the native sms app too
    What ever happened to swipe up for keyboard? I miss that

    9530 > Droid Eris > 9530 > 9550 > Droid Incredible
  9. droser2000's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default But....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBr0ken View Post
    install CrunchSMS and text your fingers away! looks 100% better than the native sms app too
    But doesn't work with custom text tones.
  10. brumfieldtax's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    98 Posts
    #10  

    Default Same old crap

    Still no Open GL. Games crash it. Slow reboot. Can't imagine what else it didn't fix. Why in the world wouldn't they address the open GL issue? How could you ignore it? Doesn't anyone in the developement side even bother to use this phone? The development team associated with the Storm 2 should be required to use only that phone. Wonder how long then it would take for them to get it right?
  11. bacon612's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Loaded it up. Must admit that i am surprised to c a 5.0.0.1xxx build here. Still have no idea what RIM is up to.

    Anyways

    OpenGL bug is still present. Tested NFS Shift
    Media player bug is still there with that black bar in portrait mode
    I am getting a bug where if I pull up the mobile version of crackberry forums in portrait view and then tilt to landscape, it renders my landscape view with portait dimensions. Tried a few other sites. Seems to be specific to m.crackberry.com


    Everything else seems to be working so far. Cant say i see much of a difference from 983
    Tested a voice call. No robovoice
    Too Early to tell about the battery life and the radio


    Ill report back with more if i find it
  12. thebr0ken's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droser2000 View Post
    But doesn't work with custom text tones.
    I use one and it works fine for me
    What ever happened to swipe up for keyboard? I miss that

    9530 > Droid Eris > 9530 > 9550 > Droid Incredible
  13. Roweazie's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,308 Posts
    PIN
    332C2FDA
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brumfieldtax View Post
    Still no Open GL. Games crash it. Slow reboot. Can't imagine what else it didn't fix. Why in the world wouldn't they address the open GL issue? How could you ignore it? Doesn't anyone in the developement side even bother to use this phone? The development team associated with the Storm 2 should be required to use only that phone. Wonder how long then it would take for them to get it right?
    Remember this is a Leak version and not official.

    If you have an OS that works perfectly for you before then I highly suggest staying on that os and read up finding before installing it. The OS607 with willie boy hulybrid 2 (9550/5.0.0.692 ) works perfect in my S2. I just need media flash player to make it "the perfect storm".

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  14. leecott's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,049 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,051 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Link to my findings and fixes for this build in the official thread:

    Leland's .1015 Findings and Fixes
    Twitter | #teamblackberry president
    Just Clutch
  15. chuckh0308's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,491 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,802 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bacon612 View Post
    Loaded it up. Must admit that i am surprised to c a 5.0.0.1xxx build here. Still have no idea what RIM is up to.

    Anyways

    OpenGL bug is still present. Tested NFS Shift
    Media player bug is still there with that black bar in portrait mode
    I am getting a bug where if I pull up the mobile version of crackberry forums in portrait view and then tilt to landscape, it renders my landscape view with portait dimensions. Tried a few other sites. Seems to be specific to m.crackberry.com


    Everything else seems to be working so far. Cant say i see much of a difference from 983
    Tested a voice call. No robovoice
    Too Early to tell about the battery life and the radio


    Ill report back with more if i find it
    I read in the other thread that it also has the speaker popping and broken bedside mode. What a waste...I guess I'll skip this one too...
  16. thebr0ken's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH0308 View Post
    I read in the other thread that it also has the speaker popping and broken bedside mode. What a waste...I guess I'll skip this one too...
    yeah, seems like if you want a higher OS to display in the about screen have at it, otherwise i see no great improvements over .983
    What ever happened to swipe up for keyboard? I miss that

    9530 > Droid Eris > 9530 > 9550 > Droid Incredible
  17. chuckh0308's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,491 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,802 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBr0ken View Post
    yeah, seems like if you want a higher OS to display in the about screen have at it, otherwise i see no great improvements over .983
    Well, I went back to a 713 based hybrid after the 895 disaster, and I guess I'll stay here for awhile. I've only experienced the robotic voice issue once and everything else seems to work reasonably fine in this build. The main thing is I like my OpenGL games and I use bedside mode every night. I also use all custom ring tones and use the media player a lot, so the popping speakers is a no go with me. I know I can fix bedside mode, but not the OpenGL or the popping, so here I stay!

    And it's still pretty sad that the original release OS was better than where we're at now...
  18. thebr0ken's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Honestly I had absolutley no problems with 713. i have not had the popping with this build, but im sure im just not doing it right, lol. never did experience the robotic voice issue in 713 either. I fixed the bedside mode and dont have any games installed. custom tones work for me. only issue that i notice it the blinking progress bar in the music player. but i can deal with that, so im staying....for now.
    What ever happened to swipe up for keyboard? I miss that

    9530 > Droid Eris > 9530 > 9550 > Droid Incredible
  19. lockedtight's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    315 Posts
    PIN
    32fbc26f
    #19  

    Default

    AP news app seems to have trouble connecting with this running. Not sure if this is from the new os or not

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  20. chuckh0308's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,491 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,802 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBr0ken View Post
    Honestly I had absolutley no problems with 713. i have not had the popping with this build, but im sure im just not doing it right, lol. never did experience the robotic voice issue in 713 either. I fixed the bedside mode and dont have any games installed. custom tones work for me. only issue that i notice it the blinking progress bar in the music player. but i can deal with that, so im staying....for now.

    Yeah, who knows...maybe I wouldn't have the popping with this version either, but the OpenGL issue alone curses it. I suppose I could give up my games and become more productive, but nah...lol!
  21. JRSCCivic98's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    14,514 Posts
    PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brumfieldtax View Post
    Still no Open GL. Games crash it. Slow reboot. Can't imagine what else it didn't fix. Why in the world wouldn't they address the open GL issue? How could you ignore it? Doesn't anyone in the developement side even bother to use this phone? The development team associated with the Storm 2 should be required to use only that phone. Wonder how long then it would take for them to get it right?
    I couldn't agree more!!!

    RIM, are you listening?!?! This should be mandatory for each one of your OS teams. If you build the OS, you better be using the phone! The emulators aren't good enough in testing this stuff guys... come on!
  22. Ponderous's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    737 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Browser does seem more snappy.
    Contacts backed up fine using App Loader only


    Boot time is still long enough to read a book.
    Curve 8330 => Storm2 9550 with 5.0.0.1015 (NOT OS6! ) => Motorola Droid OG => iPhone 4
    Follow Me on Twitter : OnAPonderous
  23. BeansBerry's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    35 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    bricked it the first time installing. Fingers crossed the second time...
  24. 2xJ
    2xJ is offline
    2xJ's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    270 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Haven't noticed any major difference from this and .983, other than a brief hiccup with Weatherbug that was fixed with a battery pull. Doesn't appear to be any faster or more/less stable than .983. Oh well. Still glad we're getting OS updates, I just wish I knew what they did.
  25. biizzerd's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    85 Posts
    PIN
    pm me for it
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBr0ken View Post
    yeah, seems like if you want a higher OS to display in the about screen have at it, otherwise i see no great improvements over .983
    based on the improvements i think the correct os should be .9830000000001 lol that long to improve that? goodness
    ya its a brick but its my brick
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions