Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SilverSkies
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to Update your blackberry?

I have a mac and I hear all of this stuff u have to do on windows, anyone know how to download an update and put it on your blackberry?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Search (10char)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

is there a way u can update it on ur blackberry without plugging it into the computer
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2416 View Post
    I have a mac and I hear all of this stuff u have to do on windows, anyone know how to download an update and put it on your blackberry?
    Windows is THE way to upgrade your BlackBerry from a downloaded OS. There is no software for Macs to do this and there probably never will be given their falling sales of late. Look in the Mac users forum where this sublect has been covered many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2416 View Post
    is there a way u can update it on ur blackberry without plugging it into the computer
    Yes, if your carrier releases a new OS then you can do an Over The Air (OTA) OS upgrade. To do this, go to Options, Advanced Options, Wireless Upgrade and follow the prompts.

This will only work for official, released OSs and you will never get a beta release this way.

If you want a beta release on your phone then you will just have to use a PC of some sort and install the OS and Desktop Manager on it. I'd reccomend you et CrackMem from my signature too. If you do this, then you can join the happy world of beta OS users.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Update to Forum!

Er, your information may (or may not) have been correct back in '09, but Apple Mac products sales are stable, Apple is the most valuable company in the world... Anyway, as a Mac-user, I can tell you forum-readers that it is now possible to update your BlackBerry via your Mac. Just download the BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac from BlackBerry's website or just click here. Guess Mac sales were good "as of late".

"There probably never will be", those with their eyes stuck on Windows... Shall I mention Vista?.. Also, just to clarify: I'm an iPhone user, my sister has a BlackBerry. And also, didn't mean to 'troll', my bad, just slipped out.
    eddy_berry likes this.