Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to reinstall same OS version again?

This is obviously not a difficult thing to do but I am nervous about doing it wrong so figured better to ask:

I recentlly installed the leaked OS 6 for 9700 and used SaOS which didn't really seem to work that well, so I reshrank the OS with BB Boss and want to load it again, however the DM sees it's the same version so won't load the OS.

What's the trick to make it reinstall (hopefully smaller this time) the same OS onto the BB?

I see the option to WIPE the blackberry under BB Boss, however I am worried that might leave me in a sticky situation with a bricked BB should something go wrong...

Thanks for any pointers.
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Wipe the OS and reload it with apploader. You won't brick your device. You might nuke it, but that's recoverable.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
  3. Matrix Leader

1) Backup your BB settings using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager

2) Backup all your apps using BBSAK

3) Click the Wipe Device on BBSAK

4) Close BBSAK then run loader.exe again

5) After the installation is one on your BB, reload the apps using BBSAK using the Load apps button, then direct it to c:\program files\BBSAK\the name of the backup you created

6) run the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and restore the backup you created initially to get all ur settings back

Good luck
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks for the help... nuked actually sounds worse than bricked to me but good to know it's recoverable...
  5. Matrix Leader

Yeah the chances are low that you will do anything wrong, but even if you do. we are always here to help you bro
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    PIN
    G PONG-

its better to load the cods rather than restore the apps
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Thanks for the help guys, it worked. I have dozens of apps so unless there is a faster way to reinstall all of them via cods I am ok with restoring apps (I thought it did a reinstall anyway?).

It did mess up my enterprise activation somehow though... it only activated my calendar, then later it did my email but even though things seem to work now it still says no accounts activated...

I think if I have to do it again I may downgrade then upgrade to avoid the whole wipe thing...
    Last edited by Devedander; 02-22-2011 at 05:12 PM.
  8. Matrix Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Devedander View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, it worked. I have dozens of apps so unless there is a faster way to reinstall all of them via cods I am ok with restoring apps (I thought it did a reinstall anyway?).

It did mess up my enterprise activation somehow though... it only activated my calendar, then later it did my email but even though things seem to work now it still says no accounts activated...

I think if I have to do it again I may downgrade then upgrade to avoid the whole wipe thing...
    Did you follow the guide above step by step?

After you wipe the phone and reinstall the OS, it would obviously not have your apps or settings for the enterprise, you should first load back all your apps with one click via BBSAK, and then restore your BB settings via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

I will reiterate:
    OPen BBSAK, click on RESTORE APPS, then browse to the folder where BBSAK had saved your backup, usually it is in c:\Program Files (x86)\BBSAK\Backup

Next, after the loading of apps is complete.

Run the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, wait for your BB to connect, then from the top left menu, click on Device, then RESTORE
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Yup, that's pretty much what I did... backup apps with BBSAK, WIPE install new OS, reload apps, restore settings try to enteprise authenticate... authentication is odd, however the server team says they show normal data flow and BES activity so they think it's fine and not to worry about it.

The only things I can think are last time I installed OS6 it was an upgrade from OS5... but I used ShrinkaOS so I am not sure if it wiped or just upgraded. If it just upgraded it may have pulled over some previous enterpise settings as I don't recall having to put in my password or anything to authenticate it.

My BES team may have put in a rule against allowing my OS to authenticate (is that possible?) because another issue is that I can no longer connect to the work protected wifi (this is since I got OS6, not just this install- it connects and is setup right but cannot access data). Because this happened with my previous install I think the previous "successful" authentication might have only been as successful as this one despite saying otherwise...

At this point I am going to ride it out I think because I don't want to keep asking the BES team to reset my password (it has to be reset every time I attempt an authentication for some reason).

I may at some point try a restore to OS5, authenticate and then upgrade to OS6 again to see if that changes anything...
    Last edited by Devedander; 02-23-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

You don't have to do a full wipe if you want Loader.exe to completely remove the OS and reload it. Part of that process is wiping.
    This is what I do, it takes less time and works just as well.

First, use BBSAK to delete something non-vital that is considered part of the core software.
    I usually delete something like net_rim_bb_btfiletransfer. There's quite a few cods that will do it.
    After your phone reboots, run loader.exe. It'll wipe, reload the OS and your apps, and optionally restore your data. Way easier, way faster.

There's a chance you won't have to get your BES reset if you do it that way, but that's not a guarantee.

Edit: PS, in the future, ignore matrix leader.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 02-25-2011 at 12:10 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    16,369 Global Posts

I think if you're on BES and you wipe your device you'll probably have to get your IT person to activate the BES.
    pr1nce
    iMore Ambassador and Moderator