Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mecca EL
  • 1 Post By TI_Master
  1. m0rf3us's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default bypassing AT&T Mobile Hotspot activation, is it possible?

    Soooo just spent my night installing my first ever leaked OS, 7.1.0.190 on my 9810, worked through it all and finally got it on there, but as i was about to reward myself by trying out the hotspot, i got the "contact AT&T customer service for Mobile Hotspot activation" spiel.

    Is there anyway to bypass at all?
  2. nashshafrulrezza's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    303 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m0rf3us View Post
    Soooo just spent my night installing my first ever leaked OS, 7.1.0.190 on my 9810, worked through it all and finally got it on there, but as i was about to reward myself by trying out the hotspot, i got the "contact AT&T customer service for Mobile Hotspot activation" spiel.

    Is there anyway to bypass at all?
    Find it at 7.1.0.190 for Bold 9900 thread. i think Phil_UK manage done it.
    Android :Yes!!
    Blackberry : Yes!!
    Iphone : Would not use it.
  3. Mecca EL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,399 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nashshafrulrezza View Post
    Find it at 7.1.0.190 for Bold 9900 thread. i think Phil_UK manage done it.
    That's a negative. There is no way to bypass this on ATT. They're tethering plan, which is mislabeled as 200mb, is actually 4GB - 2GB for regular use and 2GB for hotspot, for example.
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

    WWFD - What Would Far0uk Do?

    Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

    "I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    Blacklatino likes this.
  4. TerribleTim68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    491 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Bummer deal. Oh well, I guess I'll live. With Bridge for my Playbook, I really don't need hotspot. It's just nice to have.
    Tim McDougald
    HayWire Racing
    Tacoma, Washington
    http://www.haywire-racing.com
    @TerribleTim68
    GoFundMe
  5. TI_Master's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    79 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Sounds like a job for some enterprising developer... make an app that does hotspot but uses the phone's 4G to proxy it, ala the way the BB Bridge works. Not sure you'd be able to sell it on Appworld though without AT&T trying to block it.
    Mecca EL likes this.
  6. uncltom's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    37 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecca EL View Post
    That's a negative. There is no way to bypass this on ATT. They're tethering plan, which is mislabeled as 200mb, is actually 4GB - 2GB for regular use and 2GB for hotspot, for example.
    This is only $20 a month more than the regular 2 gb plan and it gives you tethering and 4 gb a month.
    Btw... it already works with 190 too. Added the plan and it worked in minutes. Apparently all thru service books.

    As for the sw... expect tether to come up with a possible solution.
    Sprint 8330 --> 9650 --> 9930 --> At&t 9810

Posting Permissions