Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bold 5.0.0.314 VVM fix on AT&T

I've rumaged through the TONS and TONS of stuff written on this newest leak and have heard people say stuff about loading the COD files for VVM and getting the feature back. Just wondering if someone could walk me through the steps using BBSAK? I tried it once with no success. Thanks in advance!
    5130 -> 9530 -> 9000 -> 9700 -> 9800
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

There is a thread about this exact issue, with instructions, on the second page of this forum. Regardless, I will help you. Credit to MarcG for most of this.

1. Download the .238 VVM files: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

2. Extract the following 5 files from the above RAR to a folder on your desktop:
    net_rim_bb_vvm.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_alu_http_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_help__en.cod (en = English, replace as desired)
    net_rim_bb_vvm_resource.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_settings_lib.cod

3. Connect your BB via USB (make sure DM is closed), fire up BBSAK and go to the "Modify CODs" tab, click "Read System" and look at the list of files that appears.

4. If you don't see those 5 CODs, go to Step 5. If you see the exact 5 CODs listed in Step 2 above in that list, highlight them all, click "Remove CODs" and let the device reboot, then proceed.

5. Click "Install CODs", navigate to the folder where you extracted the 5 COD files in Step 2, highlight all 5 CODs, and click "Open".

6. Let the device reboot and you should be good to go.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Wow, I guess that when I "rumaged through the TONS and TONS of stuff written on this newest leak", I must have gotten a little fed up searching through page after page after page of the threads that crowded the first page that I just didn't make it to the second. Sorry for forcing you to take 2 minutes and cut and paste a response. Oh wait, I didn't. Thanks again!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts

Thank you for this, saved me a lot of time.
    Regards, Buffaloe

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." MLK, Jr.

http://thebuffaloes.net
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/buffaloe/
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fbihawk View Post
    Wow, I guess that when I "rumaged through the TONS and TONS of stuff written on this newest leak", I must have gotten a little fed up searching through page after page after page of the threads that crowded the first page that I just didn't make it to the second. Sorry for forcing you to take 2 minutes and cut and paste a response. Oh wait, I didn't. Thanks again!
    Wow, not only are you a moron incapable of searching effectively, you're also an ungrateful jackass. I'm sorry I helped you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well I appreciate your work. It did save me a ton of time. Thank you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

should be a sticky
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by jlaw View Post
    Wow, not only are you a moron incapable of searching effectively, you're also an ungrateful jackass. I'm sorry I helped you.
    If being "incapable of searching effectively" makes me a moron then so be it. I'm pretty sorry you helped me too. I would have much rather gotten the info from someone who was gracious about spending the couple minutes out of their day to help someone out.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

Thank you. This was very helpful. Other method I tried did not work. +1!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had to stick with .238 since the day it leaked, this whole time due to the fact that I can't risk random reboots due to my occupation. Thanks to the leak gods its heaven on earth again. Viigo & Google mobile app scroll properly again & holding space bar for auto scroll works again. Ubertwitter notifications work. Icons are clear and pop, etc etc. I'm just way too happy lol.
    We pull batteries, swap bezels, break contracts, and stay up all night. We change OSes like we change underwear. If our phones could make us fly, we still wouldn't be satisfied. We're cut from a different cloth. A better breed. We are BlackBerry.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    KY AND THE BRAIN, BRAIN, BRAIN...

Thanks, jlaw! Not sure what exactly seemed rude about your post or why fbihawk had to get all huffy, but I certainly appreciate you saving us all some time searching.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks for this, I was kinda wondering myself. Just not enough to actually do anything about it, lol. But I do appreciate the post.

Edit: One thing though, I don't see any way to delete all 5 at once. I had them all selected and did remove COD and it just deleted the first one and reset the device. I'm using BBSAK 1.5 if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by Prozart; 12-09-2009 at 12:03 AM.
    I dream in emails. -Keane
    CrackBerry Abuser

I may have spoken too soon. My Battery was @ 55%, i did a battery pull, when it started up again it was at 20%! Pulled again and it started at 20% I'll follow up when i switch batteries in the morning.
    We pull batteries, swap bezels, break contracts, and stay up all night. We change OSes like we change underwear. If our phones could make us fly, we still wouldn't be satisfied. We're cut from a different cloth. A better breed. We are BlackBerry.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

Would it be possible to use the 9700 vvm cod's on an 8900? I just installed the latest leak for the 8900 and still... STILL... and getting the wrong time in my vvm app for all of my voicemails... it is driving me nuts not knowing when someone left the voicemail without having to search my call logs to see when that person actually called me with the correct time...
    CrackBerry User

jlaw

Thank you for the above step by step to get VVM working after 5.0 install on BOLD.

Does not get any easier and used BB SAK
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryBlake View Post
    I may have spoken too soon. My Battery was @ 55%, i did a battery pull, when it started up again it was at 20%! Pulled again and it started at 20% I'll follow up when i switch batteries in the morning.
    everything battery-wise has been fine since, but my screen did freeze on idle a few times.

Edit: I just noticed ive been posting in the wrong thread this whole time. My bad lol. I've been under the weather
    Last edited by BlackberryBlake; 12-09-2009 at 04:12 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

jlaw Thanks it worked great . . .
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Os x dm

FYI, this also works through the OS X version of the Desktop Manager if you select the "+" in the bottom left of the application install menu and point it to the *.alx file from the unzipped folder stated above.

Have it working on Bold 9000 (5.0.0.411)

Thanks for the help & links guys!
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    29,702 Global Posts

jlaw, thanks for your help. I found your post while doing a search, and I also found an updated BBSAK.

VVM is working fine for me now.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks so much for this post. Only trouble I had was knowing how to extract the RAR files. But got it done with Free RAR Extract Frog (just in case anyone else needs it). Googled to find it. Had never dealt with RAR files. But thanks for helping me get my VVM back!
    CrackBerry Newbie

This seemed to work for me, but now, it shows VM coming in, but wont let me play them
    CrackBerry Newbie

jlaw,
    Thank you for the help. It is very much appreciated.
    CrackBerry User

Thanks Jlaw. Much appreciated. So glad to have vvm back!

I had to load the COD files one at time using BSAK 1.5 though and then did a battery pull when I was done. Good to go.
    CrackBerry Newbie

thanks jlaw.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    no more :(

Thanks guys!!!

Same problem as QueSi, and then did a bp and worked!

Using Bbsak 1.5
    Last edited by sourkevin; 01-21-2010 at 02:32 AM.
    Kevin-
    OS 5.0.0.822
    How To Install bbsak/.cod
    Due to government regulations, positional information is delayed by 5 minutes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast