Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    PIN
    3269C73D
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Dakota Leaked images. Is it to wide?

Ive been looking at the "leaked images" of the supposed Dakota. If this device I see is the Dakota, does anyone else think its huge? I feel like i'm looking at the Bold 9000. Is it just me?
    Thunder and Celtics

I had no problem at all with the 9000's size. It was a hugely popular phone for RIM. The Torch is actually heavier, so I'd have no problem going back to it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,549 Global Posts

If it's similar in size to the 9000 I will be thrilled!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by LDawg07 View Post
    Ive been looking at the "leaked images" of the supposed Dakota. If this device I see is the Dakota, does anyone else think its huge? I feel like i'm looking at the Bold 9000. Is it just me?
    because its based on the bold 9000. its essentially a bold 9000 form with a touch screen and a huge difference in internals from what ive gathered. oh and its thinner. around 10mm or so from what i remember off the leaks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

The Bold 9000 was the ultimate BlackBerry and I hope that RIM has listened to us!
    They need to update the 9000 form factor...same size, touch screen and trackpad.
    If the Dakota is all of this, I'll pay full price to get this baby!

CrackBerry Abuser

Let me tell u RIM needs to release this phone tomorrow. Already they are behind. Can anyone say Droid PRO.

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,496 Global Posts

I like that it is wider than the 9700, although I do love my 9700. Plus I think CX said it is as thin as the iphone 4 and BBleaks mentioned metal trim. So far this is sounding like my dream phone.
    CrackBerry User

Not at all. As much as I love my 9650 even running a leaked version of os6, I sometimes find myself thinking that it is not wide enough. If they want to have the dakota be true to the history, they would put a new processor in it (like what the 9000 did), and maybe boost the ram a little. os6 is great and all, but it is just not as smooth and I can tell the processor is struggling with it, especially with the browser. Add in a touch screen, even if it is a 2.8" screen (as long as it does not sacrifice on daylight visibility), and you have a SOLID winner. I will put it out there that I will be first in line to buy it.
    Thanked by:
    LDawg07 (01-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,626 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH A LOAF

I am of the mindset that a smartphone that you type (tap tap tap like jack nicholson in the shining)on, should be wide. One shouldn't be hitting the $ key when they press 'enter' or hitting the menu key when they type an 'e' or 'r'. Its veryy annoying. So, I surely do hope this new dakota is exactly like the 9000.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts

I do not get why 9000 bold form factor is so popular
    It the ugliest phone I have ever seen.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,166 Global Posts
    PIN
    IT TO THE FLOOR!!!

I like'em wide
    I've been waiting and crying for this since the Onyx, but now I probably won't be getting one.
    there is no spoon
    New to BlackBerry? BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Calotag View Post
    Let me tell u RIM needs to release this phone tomorrow. Already they are behind. Can anyone say Droid PRO.
    Haha, they are not behind in terms of keyboards. The keyboard is the reason RIM still sells loads of phones. Other companies with phones like the Droid pro are only hoping to get a slice of the cake, but BlackBerry OS with keypad = win. I would NEVER consider a Droid Pro. A HTC 7 Pro however, is something I may consider.

Quote Originally Posted by aznhomieboi1689 View Post
    I do not get why 9000 bold form factor is so popular
    It the ugliest phone I have ever seen.
    Ugly but with a huge mofo keypad that has more ease of use than my BlackBerry Curve 8520. It wasn't about looks, it was about sheer productivity.
    CrackBerry Visitor
    Thanked by:
    BayouBengal21 (01-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,166 Global Posts
    PIN
    IT TO THE FLOOR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    ...It wasn't about looks, it was about sheer productivity.
    I disagree. The Bold 9000 is the most beautiful phone I've ever owned
    there is no spoon
    New to BlackBerry? BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ
    Thanked by:
    BayouBengal21 (01-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by maxiang View Post
    I disagree. The Bold 9000 is the most beautiful phone I've ever owned
    Maybe it's the fact you looked at it and saw "Productivity like never before" that made it the most beautiful phone you ever used
    CrackBerry Visitor
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Too wide? No such thing. . .

Global Posts
    32,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

Quote Originally Posted by Calotag View Post

I think not. Jamming a keyboard down at the bottom of a device that resembles a BlackBerry and calling it a competitor doesn't necessarily make it so, and comparing the keyboard of a PRO to a Bold 9000 is a sick joke, at best. The balance of that keyboard is way off, and the keyboard makes it awkward to screen type as well.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,453 Global Posts

OP. I gather you realize now that the "too wide" factor us what hardcore BBers have been waiting for to return? lol :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    I think not. Jamming a keyboard down at the bottom of a device that resembles a BlackBerry and calling it a competitor doesn't necessarily make it so, and comparing the keyboard of a PRO to a Bold 9000 is a sick joke, at best. The balance of that keyboard is way off, and the keyboard makes it awkward to screen type as well.

The point of the permanent keyboard is for it to be your only means of typing; the touch screen on this phone would only be for navigation and other non-typing actions. I'd actually be surprised if they offered a touch-screen keyboard on it at all - it would be absolutely unnecessary. I prefer to do all my typing on the physical keyboard of the Torch, but I find most other functions are more intuitive on the touch screen, and a few with the track pad. That's the users that preferred the permanent physical keyboard that flocked to the original Bold in droves, and it's this kind of user that this phone is targeting. If you prefer touch-screen typing, then obviously this would not be the phone for you.
    Ed

Ursus moderatus levisomnus.
    Thanked by:
    LDawg07 (01-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Bigger Keyboards Please

I love my Tour, but the keyboard is too small. I would love a new BB with a keyboard as big as my old 8830.
    Thanked by:
    LDawg07 (01-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

They just need to get rid of the rounded edges...not sure why they would keep the exact same look of the old 9000. The bigger size is ok but the "look" should be the same as the 9700/9780.
    Thanked by:
    LDawg07 (01-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    PIN
    PHRESHOUTTHABOXX.COM

Im betting on it being the same size as the Bold 9000. To me that was the Best Blackberry and still is that has came out. the form-factor alone was the greatest part and since then every BB that has dropped has been small. For those complaining about how big it is choose one of the other 15 small compact Blackberry's that are out now and also coming out and leave this one to the people that has been waiting for it.. Lets just hope this hits every carrier and not just AT&T.. come on T-Mob..

Mood: F'in Stoked!!
    "Life, Love & Sneakers"
    Thanked by 2:
    HyTrojan (01-26-2011),  LDawg07 (01-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

I agree with OP. I wish it had a "tight fit" like the 9780 (if that makes any sense)
    Thanked by:
    LDawg07 (01-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,009 Global Posts

IT does make sense, and I don't like that.

The bold was suppose to be BOLD, not CURVE like.

We have the torch and curve for that....let them be slim, let the Bold shine.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,758 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8

Quote Originally Posted by ajg93 View Post
    They just need to get rid of the rounded edges...not sure why they would keep the exact same look of the old 9000. The bigger size is ok but the "look" should be the same as the 9700/9780.
    I totally agree with you. The 9780 form factor is super slick. If they wanted to take that form and make it a bit larger, I'd be ok with that. But to make it exactly like the 9000 I think is a mistake. The 9000 is a clunky device. The spacious keyboard was nice, but you dont need to give that up in order to have a sleek form factor.
    Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say ďAre you gonna drink that?"
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A

Maybe a keyboard the size of that on my 13" MacBook?
    CrackBerry Visitor
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast