CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB Storm 9530 - 5.0 OS, how are things going for all that stayed?

Just wanted to reach out to see if things have gotten any better since the Leak came out for the 5.0 OS (Storm 9530)? I want to go back, back can't deal with those issues...
    waiting for OS 5.0
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've contemplated going back to .151 because I do miss Google Talk, Facebook and my themes. BUT- I'm still on 5.0 because the typing is 100x better. I like that you can flag emails and native vibrate and ring is great. I also love the new call screen...no more need for a screen lock when on the phone. I get a few reboots every few days, but it's tolerable since it reboots in around 2.5 minutes.
    Last edited by jackattacck; 08-12-2009 at 07:44 PM.
    BB 9530
    OS 5.0.0.328
    CrackBerry User

Default BB Storm 9530 o/s 5.0.0.140

This O/S is light years better. However there are some issues that at this time are not show stoppers for me.

First off the typing is amazing; so much better then any previous versions. Programs load much much faster, and the fade in fade out launching is nice. Flagging of emails is a cool feature; the new call screen is also a nice addition.

Problems to report (I've been running this o/s for about 2-3 weeks now).
    Sometimes when a call comes in the vibrate doesn't turn off.
    Some apps see the phone as being non-touch screen. Google Voice, Google Maps, Google Talk. Most other cheap apps as well. This was to be expected so no big deal.
    Apps that don't work.
    Quickpull
    talklock
    Blackberry App Store
    Myspace
    Facebook
    AIM
    All I can think of atm, sorry.

With all of that said I'm still very happy with the o/s the next rev will be the one to get for sure.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K TACO

I wish I could get past all the issues, but I use themes, facebook, quickpull and app store way too much to use it. Can't wait for the next 5.0 leak though.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    30486FEF

I get random freezing, unread message indicator won't dissapear ( have to pull). Backlight dims and brightens at random times. Random reboots and when playing music from SD Card I can't turn the volume up or down, even if its paused. Also the no history cache in browser is nearly a deal breaker.

But the new features ( menus, browser speed, typing speed transitions, hotspots, call screen and memory) far outway the bad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jojo123 View Post
    I get random freezing, unread message indicator won't dissapear ( have to pull). Backlight dims and brightens at random times. Random reboots and when playing music from SD Card I can't turn the volume up or down, even if its paused. Also the no history cache in browser is nearly a deal breaker.

But the new features ( menus, browser speed, typing speed transitions, hotspots, call screen and memory) far outway the bad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Those are the same problems I remembered having. I love the speed and new added features but couldn't deal with those problems you listed.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanGlowCam View Post
    Those are the same problems I remembered having. I love the speed and new added features but couldn't deal with those problems you listed.
    dude i wont even try it. It doesnt seem like the good things about this OS heavily weigh out the old ones. I am still glad to hear that with such an early 5.0 build that even that amount of features have been added. Seems 5.0 is on the right track. Now for a more recent OS leak so that we can see what RIM is really working on lol.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdogmatt View Post
    Google Voice, Google Maps, Google Talk. Most other cheap apps as well. This was to be expected so no big deal.
    In the Google apps case, it's because the OS detection script sees an OS that it doesn't know about, and thus it assumes it's an older trackball device and downloads the wrong version.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have only a couple of issues with 5.0.0.140, app store and a somewhat quirky screen orientation and my BB baseball homepage apps are non-functional. My quick pull still works although the screen has a retro generic look and I did leave the quincy reporting active, might as well be one of the 'white rats'
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    PIN
    223670E8

any word on the next leak 5.0 os?