Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. valtter's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    35 Posts
    PIN
    20942501
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Smile Another how to make browser and mms work on Bold using your own Service Books

    Hello, after spending a whole saturday afternoon trying to make my browser work using different threads, I came with a mix that worked for me finally.

    And, spending more days trying to make a better solution I came up with the changes I am posting, hope tomorrow I can finish them to make them more universal or whatever that means.

    Thanks to pltaylor for his HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on AT&T w/Unlocked Storm 95xx

    Thanks to anworm for his Enable BlackBerry Browser without BIS/BES

    Please follow the next steps:

    0.- Backup
    Well, I am always so fool and I forget to do this, I know you are smarter and will do, DM -> Backup and Restore -> Backup
    Backup everything, you never know when you are going to need it

    1.- Turn off your radio
    On your Blackberry home, go to Manage Connections and unchecked Mobile Network
    OR
    Just take your sim off
    Your radio needs to be off until further noticed.

    2.- Enable Legacy SB Restore mode
    On your Blackberry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book
    There, you need to hold "ALT" and press S B E B
    Now you will see a pop window saying: "Legacy SB Restore Enabled.", click "OK"

    3.- Delete all Service Books
    Now it comes the funn part when an stranger tells you to delete stuff on your Blackberry and you do it.
    On your Blackberry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book
    There you need to delete all your service books,
    Don't worry if there's one you can not delete. We will need DM to do so.
    On your DM go to Backup and Restore -> Advanced
    There you will see on the right window ("Device databases") the stuff on your Blackberry, find the row name "Service Book" and selected, and click the button "Clear"
    Yes, all need to be deleted
    On your Blackberry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book
    Make sure there is none service book left, needs to be empty

    4.- Restore Browser and MMS Service Book
    OK if you have your latest backup file (.ipd) from your 4.6 system (those good old days ) we are going to need it, just do the blue part. If you do not have it do the orange part.

    On your DM go to Backup and Restore -> Advanced
    Now on your left upper corner on File go to "Open..." and find the latest 4.6 backup file that you have, you will see on the left window ("Computer databases") all your data, please find the row of Service Book with several records, just selected that row and click to the button ">>" in order to load them to your Blackberry.


    Download the file attached and unzip it, remember the path to the unzip file.
    On your DM go to Backup and Restore -> Advanced
    Now on your left upper corner on File go to "Open..." and find the unzip file you just download, you will see on the left window ("Computer databases") Service Book with 16? 14?, well more than 4 records, just selected and click to the button ">>" in order to load them to your Blackberry.


    5.- Select Browser as default
    On your Blackberry go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Browser
    There you now can change "Hotspot Browser" to "Browser", save the change.

    6.- Turn on the radio or insert your sim
    On your Blackberry go to Manage Connections and check Mobile Network
    Or
    Just wait till your Blackberry boots up

    Optional in case you don't get a registration message
    On your Blackberry go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table
    There click the menu key (on the keyboard of your Blackberry) and go to "Register Now"

    7.- Recover your email services
    Go to your provider site and send to you the service books for your email accounts
    Mine was at bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telcel
    Or
    Call customer service and ask them to do so.
    The service books that you need for your browser and mms are already on your Blackberry


    8.- Enjoy your browser
    Browse and find new stuff on the web, or just visit the same old sites that you do, that amigo its up to you.

    DM = Desktop Manager
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by valtter; 09-05-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Updating method to use your own service books (19-jun-09), uploading service books that work with BIS with APN and no APN set
  2. danokika's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Hi, I'll love to know if this procedure can also be applied to other BlackBerry Brands. I'm actually thinking of activating my 7100t browser without a data plan. I'll appreciate any advice whatsoever.
    Warm regards!
  3. PTOWNSMOSTWANTED_723's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    106 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    How do you exactly do this? I have ATT.

    7.- Recover your email services
    Go to your provider site and send to you the service books for your email accounts
    Mine was at bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telcel
    Or
    Call customer service and ask them to do so.
    The service books that you need for your browser and mms are already on your Blackberry
  4. danokika's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Many thanks for the advice. Truth is, I want just to enable the 7100t Browser. I'm not interested in data plan. The web interface is still ok for my emails. Or, what do you think? I'm yet to start receiving much mails. My service provider wants me on data plan before they can send Service Books to me. I presume it's possible to activate the Browser without my Service Provider's involvement. Right? I'm a novice in this. I'll always appreciate your kind attention.
    Best regards!
  5. valtter's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    35 Posts
    PIN
    20942501
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PTOWNSMOSTWANTED_723 View Post
    How do you exactly do this? I have ATT.

    7.- Recover your email services
    Go to your provider site and send to you the service books for your email accounts
    Mine was at bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telcel
    Or
    Call customer service and ask them to do so.
    The service books that you need for your browser and mms are already on your Blackberry
    Ok, you just need to log in at

    bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

    On the left, under the Service menu, click the "service books" option. At the next screen, click "send service books".

    Or

    If you made your backup (step 0) we can get them from there, those service books are like: your_email [CICAL] and your_email [CMIME]

    Let me know and maybe I can change the guide for step 7
  6. valtter's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    35 Posts
    PIN
    20942501
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danokika View Post
    Many thanks for the advice. Truth is, I want just to enable the 7100t Browser. I'm not interested in data plan. The web interface is still ok for my emails. Or, what do you think? I'm yet to start receiving much mails. My service provider wants me on data plan before they can send Service Books to me. I presume it's possible to activate the Browser without my Service Provider's involvement. Right? I'm a novice in this. I'll always appreciate your kind attention.
    Best regards!
    Well, so far as I know you can enable the browser without BIS nor BES, but your provider needs to have an APN for regular users of WAP.
    I had an 7100g, that was my fisrt BB, but in the last office cleaning I lost it. So I can not test it

    So if you want to do it I can help you, I have the right service book to do so, we just need the info of your provider about APN settings.

    Let me know.
  7. zkyevolved#AC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,135 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,225 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me :)
    #7  

    Default

    No go. Sorry this sucks.
  8. zkyevolved#AC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,135 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,225 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me :)
    #8  

    Default

    The Blackberry 3G icon goes away and just says 3G. And no browser was available... This stinks... .
  9. valtter's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    35 Posts
    PIN
    20942501
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
    The Blackberry 3G icon goes away and just says 3G. And no browser was available... This stinks... .
    Can you tell me more please, you load .100 build and then?

    You don't see the icon browser after the procedure?

    Tambien hablo espanol por si es mas facil.
  10. danokika's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Many thanks for your kindness. Yes, I've the APN of my provider. I've Opera Mini installed via DM. I can browse with the Opera but can't download. I'll appreciate if you can make the appropriate Service Books available to me. I really need the Native Browser so I can download with ease. And if necessary, following is my provider's APN: (web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net)
    thanking you!
  11. valtter's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    35 Posts
    PIN
    20942501
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
    The Blackberry 3G icon goes away and just says 3G. And no browser was available... This stinks... .
    OK Sky, please try the new SB, or give me one day more and I modified the guide to add how to use yours.

    Let me know how it goes.
  12. danokika's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Hi Valtter,
    I still await your assistance based on your earlier promise. I truely need the service books for 7100t. My service provider's APN:
    web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
    I pray you be able to assist me on this.
    Thanking you!
  13. zkyevolved#AC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,135 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,225 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me :)
    #13  

    Default

    Hey sorry for not writing back soon, I was caught in the middle of finals hahaha.

    I loaded os 5.0.0.100 2 times, one time via loader.exe with NOTHING else installed (so a CLEAN install) and then tried your instructions, no luck.

    Then I tried a normal upgrade (actually I did this one first) and kept all my data the way it was, and then it still didn't work.

    I tried your method both times and I get a browser as soon as the phone turns on. After doing your process I unplug the data cable and go into the browser options (in the options and then advanced options) and there was only hotspot. After turning on data again to my BB I got the Vodafone Live WAP browser, but no luck on the normal browser.
  14. gpompeus's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    372 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Thanks for the info, I only installed these file since I didn't have MMS active in OS 5 latest build.

    When I installed these files the way you mentioned MMS got active BUT in service books the MMS service book settings are for "Telcel" only.. I cannot use these settings to send MMS on my network...

    Thanks for the post anyways.......
    Q10 (SQN100-3) & Z10 (SLT100-2)
  15. swarlos's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,693 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    woo hoo got my browser working, email working and mms yay on 5.0.0.100 woot thanks for the info
    Bags!!

    "I'm going to tie you to the radiator and GRAPE YOU!!!"

    Blackberry is like Super Cool Crazy Sexy!!

    .90 --> .247 --> .266 --> 5.0.0.100 --> .190
  16. sundevil960's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Worked for me! Thanks so much for the guide!!
  17. cmink79's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    70 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    thank you so much man, i was about to go back to the .242 but now i can keep 5.0
    you da man!!!!
    rep+
  18. valtter's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    35 Posts
    PIN
    20942501
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gpompeus View Post
    Thanks for the info, I only installed these file since I didn't have MMS active in OS 5 latest build.

    When I installed these files the way you mentioned MMS got active BUT in service books the MMS service book settings are for "Telcel" only.. I cannot use these settings to send MMS on my network...

    Thanks for the post anyways.......
    OK, you can try with you own service books, I modified the method to do so, if you want to give it a try, hope this time works
  19. valtter's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    35 Posts
    PIN
    20942501
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
    Hey sorry for not writing back soon, I was caught in the middle of finals hahaha.

    I loaded os 5.0.0.100 2 times, one time via loader.exe with NOTHING else installed (so a CLEAN install) and then tried your instructions, no luck.

    Then I tried a normal upgrade (actually I did this one first) and kept all my data the way it was, and then it still didn't work.

    I tried your method both times and I get a browser as soon as the phone turns on. After doing your process I unplug the data cable and go into the browser options (in the options and then advanced options) and there was only hotspot. After turning on data again to my BB I got the Vodafone Live WAP browser, but no luck on the normal browser.
    OK, well hope those finals are going GREAT!!!!, if you want to give it another shoot maybe it would work, 3 is a magical number, so you can try it out with your own old service books.

    Let me know how those finals are going.
  20. emmis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #20  

    Default lost BES browser now

    I used the attached file and seemed to have lost the BES browser as a drop down option. Any suggestions as to how to get that back?

    Thanks for this btw.

    UPDATE: I just pushed the Service books from the server and all four browser options are now present in the dropdown. Awesome.
    Last edited by emmis; 06-22-2009 at 12:53 PM.
  21. yeuking's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valtter View Post
    Well, so far as I know you can enable the browser without BIS nor BES, but your provider needs to have an APN for regular users of WAP.
    I had an 7100g, that was my fisrt BB, but in the last office cleaning I lost it. So I can not test it

    So if you want to do it I can help you, I have the right service book to do so, we just need the info of your provider about APN settings.

    Let me know.
    I want to enable the browser without the BIS nor BES. My APN is internet.mtn.cg and internet.cg.celtel.com. Could you please send me the services book, thanks in advanced. My blackberry internet is working thru Opera or Google Map but own Browser is not working.
  22. valtter's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    35 Posts
    PIN
    20942501
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeuking View Post
    I want to enable the browser without the BIS nor BES. My APN is internet.mtn.cg and internet.cg.celtel.com. Could you please send me the services book, thanks in advanced. My blackberry internet is working thru Opera or Google Map but own Browser is not working.
    Hope this will help, I know for sure it works on Bold, but no so sure about on the Storm.

    You just need to follow the procedure on the start of this thread, and use this file.
    Remember you need to backup, and put your APN settings on the options.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by valtter; 09-05-2009 at 12:26 PM.
  23. jsanta11's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    791 Posts
    PIN
    2811f462
    #23  

    Default

    Thanks just upgraded and got everything working...

    MAny Many Thanks
    Vzw Customer
    Droid X In hand ( Returned)
    BB 9650 ( Sold)
    Sprint Epic4g
    9810 Torch AT&T
  24. swarlos's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,693 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Hey guys got my browser to work with 5.0 but my mms doesn't work still I tried deleting my service books and redoing the process but that didn't work and when I turn my radio back on I don't get the service book for the mms client any ideas?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  25. jsanta11's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    791 Posts
    PIN
    2811f462
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squishymango View Post
    Hey guys got my browser to work with 5.0 but my mms doesn't work still I tried deleting my service books and redoing the process but that didn't work and when I turn my radio back on I don't get the service book for the mms client any ideas?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you have At&t do the same process but have to use the att service books ( I just did it and everything is working mms,browser)

    The service books can be found in the thread ( How to make mms,browser work on unlocked Storm)http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/

    at the bottom of the first post you will see the zip file..use that one instead of the one supplied in this thread...
    Vzw Customer
    Droid X In hand ( Returned)
    BB 9650 ( Sold)
    Sprint Epic4g
    9810 Torch AT&T
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions