CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 8900 5.0.0.130 UMA choppy?

Is anyone else experiencing unacceptable amounts of jitter with UMA 5.0.0.130?

.100 UMA calls worked perfectly.
    .130 UMA calls are terrible (had to downgrade)

Anyone else?
    CrackBerry Addict

Yes -- my UMA calls are choppy too with .130, and were fine on both 4.6.1.250 and 5.0.0.100.

But I've also seen others post that their UMA calls sound great with .130. So I'm wondering if router settings might make the difference here. There have already been a few threads that talk about setting up the router with QoS priority settings to favor the phone, but I haven't studied these enough to be sure I'm seeing a consistent story.

Also - a bit more complex in my case, as I have two routers to deal with. First is for Verizon FIOS, and then I've got a T-Mobile Linksys router for my T-Mobile@Home service. I have WiFi turned on for both of these, and the 8900 can connect to either.

Although one is on channel 1 and the other on channel 6, I'm wondering if they interfere with each other at all. Might have better results if I simply turn of the WiFi on one of them...
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default uma phone's issue

I think it's related to the phone. I use UMA in my apartment, and at work. same results with .130 being choppy. It also seems the other person can hear me fine, I just can't hear them. You would think QoS would be the other way around (with less upload bandwidth i mean).

Home: Cable modem with 30/10 mbit connection. Netgear WGR614v7 54g router, default settings with WPA. = perfect UMA calls with .100, choppy UMA calls with .130

Work: 1.5/1.5 mbit T1, which is usually almost entirely unused. Oldschool 54g Dlink router default settings with WPA = perfect UMA calls with .100, choppy UMA calls with .130.

If its a QoS issue, they (rim) should change everything back to the settings in .100 because i dont see myself wanting to or being able to adjust the settings of every wifi connection i can connect to.

PS data seems fine with UMA .130, just calls have issue.

Mike
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

i noticed this problem to, my calls fail while UMA is on lol. i really like to new OS besides this little problem