- 12-16-2011, 04:00 PM #28
- 12-16-2011, 05:52 PM #30
should i wipe the phone first?
oh and im using windows xp
update- finally figured it out, its loading now as i type this lol
thanks for the help
Last edited by mohawk rcer; 12-16-2011 at 09:55 PM.crackel berry pop
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-17-2011, 08:24 AM #32
- 136 Posts
for me this os is glitchy, first if u let the phone go to sleep timing out, the lights of the menu will not turn off completely, sometimes the apps start to duplicate in the menu (you see 2 adidas micoach, 2 waze icons etc),and sometimes too if u lock the phone with the lock button on the top the phone and screen go on after 5 seconds again and doesnt turn off again.
- CrackBerry Newbie
12-18-2011, 09:19 PM #35
- 7 Posts
i just installed mine.. Mobile hotspot is working! =)
connected my laptop with it, although it does eat up battery (approx 1% every 2min)
i`ll do more batt pulls and check again.. gonna give feed back after 24 to 48hrs----Globe Philippines---- You ROCK!
BB MAX ftw!
- CrackBerry Newbie
12-20-2011, 10:19 AM #37
- 7 Posts
So far I'm satisfied with 7.1..
Things I observed..
1) Batt life seems similar with .474 (although 36hrs is not enough to tell) I'll observe it nxt day without turning on my mobile hotspot.. My co-workers always ask me to turn it on hehe..
2) Some lag spikes happen. Well mostly when I browse app world.
3) Sometimes there's a little lagging when I use my music player.
Overall I'm happy with this OS.. gonna report back in a couple of days regarding battery life..
- 12-29-2011, 10:54 PM #41
Anymore field reports guys?
So far this has been a good and really stable OS, official is possibly better as this in reality is a hybrid.
App compatibility for me was great since all my apps are OS 7.1 compatible
Hotspot and FM Radio are great new features.
The only problem Ive noticed is that lets say you're at home and you've got a WiFi network set up. As soon as I leave that area, my browser does not work, it'll give me the "communication failed etc" error, then to fix that I turn off my mobile network and then turn it on and it works, on my 9300 with BlackBerry 6 it used to just work fine and drop on to 3G when Im out of a WiFi hotspot whereas on my 9360 it doesnt do that and I have to manually adjust that,
If that gets fixed Im a pretty happy camper with 7.1
- CrackBerry User
01-05-2012, 01:47 PM #45
- 28 Posts
Uninstall any previous BB OS that you have installed.
Make sure you have installed the latest version of the Blackberry Desktop Software.
Download the Official OS7 Base from here:
Delete "VENDOR.XML" from this folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader\
Delete all Files & Folder in the Base OS folder, for example: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9360AllLang_v184.108.40.2064_P220.127.116.119
NOTE: Just delete everything inside the folder, not the actual folder itself.
Download, Extract, copy and paste the Leaked OS 18.104.22.168 contents into the Base OS Folder, for example: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9360AllLang_v22.214.171.1244_P126.96.36.1999
Then follow these steps:
5. Fully backup your blackberry with desktop manager, with radios off.
6. Backup your apps using VNBButil/BBMC/BBSAK
7. Wipe your device with JL_CMDR / BBSAK / VNBBUtil
8. Run C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe
9. Select what you need to install carefully to optimise free memory.
10. After initial booting (Radios still OFF)... run a few second.... then do a battery pull
11. With Radios OFF - restore your Apps Backup...
12. With radios off, restore your apps and .ipd backup with BDM and then do a battery pull.
13. Final Check All your data and apps all available as u want.
14. Then do another battery pull. Before you turn your Radios/Wifi back ON,.
15. Enjoy your hybrid, give it a minimum of 4 hours before you do another battery pull.
13. For best result, do 3 battery pulls a day, 6 hours apart for the first 48 hours.
Then you're good to go
NOTE: Most of these steps was from a post by "ohad_129". Give him the thanks!
If you need any more help, just let me know
Last edited by ColtD; 01-05-2012 at 01:49 PM.