Evernote 2 syncs increased my battery drain rate to 5%/hr from 2%/hr. This is OK since sync is done using the net.
    You must hit exit when you done
    02-26-12 10:46 PM
    What settings do you use? I followed your instructions in the .190 thread and I was able to get it to work using those settings, but its not doing the trick on this one. Thanks.
    Your carrier should send config. With service books. try a few battery pull, connect to wifi first and see if you get through, in the case that won't succeed contact your mobile customer service to see what the score is.
    02-26-12 10:49 PM
    I managed to solve it by refreshing the Service Books.
    02-27-12 04:36 AM
    My bb 9900 starts to show something wrong lately. Its like to off by itself and i don't know how can this happening. Can someone tell me how to fix this? Is software upgrade needed here? Tks
    02-27-12 09:56 AM
    Well software upgrade is not needed, but you can definetly try it out and see it solves your issue.
    Good feedbacks for the 7.1.0.267, so why not try it out yourself?
    02-27-12 10:00 AM
    Well software upgrade is not needed, but you can definetly try it out and see it solves your issue.
    Good feedbacks for the 7.1.0.267, so why not try it out yourself?
    I want to but is it okay since its still leaked? How to download it from mac since i see that it has .exe extension and i thought it would only work for windows? lol. Sorry, but im not a gadget expert actually.
    02-27-12 10:12 AM
    Yeah leaked is still fine don't worry! Aha like that i've read that you can use a partion BootCamp or VM fusionware or something like that.
    I'm not sure about it, but i definetly have seen it some several times here and there.
    Can try to search around, i don't have experience with it. I hope someone can jump in and back me up and help this fellow out.
    02-27-12 10:22 AM
    You can also use virtualbox, download it from here too: www.virtualbox.org

Don't forget, if you don't have a windows (XP recommended) disc, then you'll need to grab one off bittorrent OR try your search luck for a windows xp VM image. There are a few out there.
    02-27-12 10:51 AM
    No its not. You have to use the hotspot cod from 74 or 192 for it to be free

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Can someone remind me what the steps are to get this going? I had it running perfect on .205 with .163 but I can't figure it out now...

This is what I tried:
    1. open bbsak, connect, read system, remove net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot. then it automatically restarts the phone.
    2. reconnect phone to bbsak, install cod, find 7.1.163 net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot (I have also tried 7.1.0.74). Restart phone. Then try mobile hotspot but the TMobile USA popu comes up.

I also tried:
    1. Remove net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot from the shared folder of my OS. Then run AppLoader, it deletes the cod, restarts the phone. I confirm it deleted net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.

2. Once it reboots, copy net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot from .74 or .163 to the shared folder, the run AppLoader again. I see it confirms to add net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.

When I go to modules on the phone, it says that it's the old version. But the T-Mobile USA popu still comes up. Please help! Otherwise, I may have to go back to .205
    02-27-12 11:10 AM
    Can someone remind me what the steps are to get this going? I had it running perfect on .205 with .163 but I can't figure it out now...

This is what I tried:
    1. open bbsak, connect, read system, remove net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot. then it automatically restarts the phone.
    2. reconnect phone to bbsak, install cod, find 7.1.163 net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot (I have also tried 7.1.0.74). Restart phone. Then try mobile hotspot but the TMobile USA popu comes up.

I also tried:
    1. Remove net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot from the shared folder of my OS. Then run AppLoader, it deletes the cod, restarts the phone. I confirm it deleted net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.

2. Once it reboots, copy net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot from .74 or .163 to the shared folder, the run AppLoader again. I see it confirms to add net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.

When I go to modules on the phone, it says that it's the old version. But the T-Mobile USA popu still comes up. Please help! Otherwise, I may have to go back to .205
    There is a thread somewhere, search up hotspot instructions.
    02-27-12 11:54 AM
    Can you access them via the webmail interface?
    Yeah if i log on to my webmail then i can see them, you mean @ my host right? Or BB webmail??

Sent from my Aiiiiiiightphone
    02-27-12 04:13 PM
    Yeah if i log on to my webmail then i can see them, you mean @ my host right? Or BB webmail??

The the @blackberry.com address can't be accessed via webmail until that is implemented, but the host, very likely, yes.
    02-27-12 04:15 PM
    Its not a @blackberry... I have 2 companies and its both my emails from them(same server) all the emails are coming there is nothing wrong with that, they just arent kept on the device for more than 3 days, but i just tried to change it to 180 instead of forever so now ill see if it makes a difference

02-27-12 05:03 PM
    I vote for 267.
    02-27-12 05:11 PM
    I've found one issue with 267. The volume when I'm using my bluetooth hands free in the car is very low. The volume on the Blueant S4 is set to max but I can barely hear what is coming from my BB.
    02-27-12 07:31 PM
    I have tried to DL this OS five times, and every time it breaks .Any other site to down load from ?
    Thanks
    02-28-12 06:06 AM
    Pulled the Trigger and installed the Leak, Will Say what i have after Few days , its nice to Have the Analyzer Back !
    02-28-12 08:08 AM
    I finally managed to DL the file, but as soon as the DL is complete, it is checked and removed from my computer by Norton.
    Strange enough because I DL before 2 OS and installed them easily. They were not from the same site JumboFiles.com
    I do not think it has something wrong because I can see that many others have DL with no problem, so should I stop Norton or what ?
    02-28-12 08:13 AM
    I have been running this leak for a while with no issues... except..

When viewing the calendar in Month view, the font size of the says... is extremely small.
    When i say small, I mean that it cannot be read.

I�ve read in other threads that some people have encountered this same issue.

The problem is NOT related to the font size you set, and only occurs in that particular view of the calendar...

Has anyone found a solution to this?
    This problem was not present in all 7.0.x versions of the OS.

Thanks!
    02-28-12 08:42 AM
    I've successfully upgraded(!) to 7.1.0.267 from the last official at&t 7.0 release by removing vendor.xml and haven't found any issues so far. In a couple of days of usage the battery consumptions seems to be noticeably lower, but I haven't used GPS/MAPs heavily yet and continue to observe it as i go.

DNLA is a nice feature, was able to see pics and play music from phone on PS3 over wifi, but I doubt its going to be a real useful feature.

Mobile hotspot is a bust for me (requires at&t activation) with legacy unlimited international plan. Tried hotspot cod's from .74 and .163, all the tricks from the forum - doesn't work for my at&t account. Tt's obvious (i had to prove it though) that it's controlled on the telecom side.
    02-28-12 01:48 PM
    ...so should I stop Norton or what ?
    Yes, several have had this problem with Norton and leaked OS builds. Just temporarily suspend it until the install is complete.
    m.seif likes this.
    02-28-12 02:31 PM
    I have been running this leak for a while with no issues... except..

When viewing the calendar in Month view, the font size of the days... is extremely small.
    When i say small, I mean that it cannot be read.

I�ve read in other threads that some people have encountered this same issue.

The problem is NOT related to the font size you set, and only occurs in that particular view of the calendar...

Has anyone found a solution to this?
    This problem was not present in all 7.0.x versions of the OS.

Thanks!
    Never seen this one before scouts, on any 7.1 build. Font size is fine in month view...

02-28-12 02:39 PM
    I installed this lastnight, though not as straight forward as hoped I got there in the end and I must say its very positive so far. Battery life seems great, everything feels a little bit snappier than before, Mobile hotspot and wifi calling both working on Orange UK.
    What plan are you on Dales? I'm on 24mth Panther Extra 35. Hotspot didnt work on .190. On 267 I get the same "Activation Required" message, and Orange were unable to help me.

The install seemed to go very quickly (less than 25 minutes to install from PC to BB), and the download on the front page as of 28th Feb let me download at 950kB/sec without paying anything, I'm impressed. As for any long term findings I'll have to get back to you.
    02-28-12 06:01 PM
    Never seen this one before scouts, on any 7.1 build. Font size is fine in month view...

Click to view quoted image
    Phil,
    what font size are you running? When I select size 8, all is well, but with any font larger than that (I use size 9) the days are completely unreadable....

Cheers.
    02-28-12 06:36 PM
    Maybe he is using another type of font family that can also make a difference though.
    + the fonts family settings like fontstyle, fontsmoothing etc. Not sure if he uses the default font.
    02-28-12 07:09 PM
818 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD