Man, I dunno if my battery is fscked or what, but it 's having a hard time charging over 95% ever since I got this device. I've been able to reach 100% a few times, but the majority of the times the device will get to the 90s and stay there with the lightning bolt flashing. For example last night I reloaded the .353 OS to see if that was the culprit, but after leaving the device on AC all night I wake up to 94% with the bolt still flashing! I just unplugged and plugged the AC back in and now it's moved to 100%, but the voltage is stuck at 4.154V instead of 4.2V. Do I have a bad OS, battery or device??
    While I haven't measured voltage, I have experienced the failure to get to 100% and the very slow progress for that last 10% or so of charging. This has never been an issue for me on other Blackberries, nor other smartphones. I have tried different outlets, no change. I also have experienced the charging reach full capacity, but when you remove the charger the battery icon still has the black 'ac plug' showing inside of it.

I suspect it's another little bug they will work out.
    08-29-11 09:55 AM
    Have you tried different outlets?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    So I just got off work and it seemed to charge to 100% and 4.2V with no problems. While still connected I received a call that I transferred to BT and right after the call finished the battery was 100%, but the voltage dropped to 4.141! Shouldn't it stay at 4.2V as long as it's connected to AC?? Shortly after disconnecting and going home for the day, battery percent dropped to 97% and now it's down to 91%!! I'm dripping usage... What I want to know is whether it's a crappy battery, bad OS load or if the device is defective!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 07:34 PM
    While I haven't measured voltage, I have experienced the failure to get to 100% and the very slow progress for that last 10% or so of charging. This has never been an issue for me on other Blackberries, nor other smartphones. I have tried different outlets, no change. I also have experienced the charging reach full capacity, but when you remove the charger the battery icon still has the black 'ac plug' showing inside of it.

I suspect it's another little bug they will work out.
    Well what I want to know is whether this is a software bug, defective battery or defective device! If it's the latter, I want to swap out the device quick!

08-29-11 07:36 PM
    I've had an uptime of 26 hours and I've lost rougly 52mb of memory... Can you say leak? :'(

Starts out amazing, then after about 12 hours, goes down down down...

08-29-11 10:02 PM
    That day it was a mix.

I had WiFi on majority of the time with sometimes 3G, never 2G.

It died at around 10:30 PM

Application Management has a usage tab on OS6&7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BATTERY UPDATE 3-

Took off charger- 10 AM

Time right now- 6:38 PM

Battery level: 20%

Usage: 3 hours (mostly BBM and Web Browser)

3G ALL DAY.

Battery lasted around 4 more hours yesterday, but I was on WiFi
    Thank you for mentioning how application management gives you information on usage!! Huge help!

08-29-11 10:23 PM
    I've had an uptime of 26 hours and I've lost rougly 52mb of memory... Can you say leak? :'(

When you get down to single digit free memory then you have a leak. In other words just because you lost memory does not signify a leak. A leak is when you KEEP losing memory until there is no more.

08-29-11 10:40 PM
    When you get down to single digit free memory then you have a leak. In other words just because you lost memory does not signify a leak. A leak is when you KEEP losing memory until there is no more.

Thank you

08-29-11 10:48 PM

That is excessive! My 9930 loses between .5 and 1 MB of memory and stays steady all day long. No memory leaks whatsoever. I would look at the apps you're running. Something is amiss.
    08-30-11 06:55 AM
    Ok so I'm on Sprint and like some others I cannot get any of the non-Sprint OS's to load. I've deleted both Vendor files and have done many times with my old 9650.

I did, however, get this to work and I'm wondering if there is a downside?

I took the Sprint 241 all language folder and copied ALL the contents from the 353 in overwriting. AppLoader now recognizes that there is an update for my device when I connect, is there a possible downside to this?
    08-30-11 10:18 AM
    As many have stated....the battery is massively improved. I also think the track pad has been improved; before it was a bit schizo and I could never seem to be accurate with it. It either went too slow or too fast. Now it's a lot more consistent. The whole OS actually "feels" smoother and more solid actually.

Please forgive the subjectiveness of my contribution.
    08-30-11 12:24 PM
    Ok so I'm on Sprint and like some others I cannot get any of the non-Sprint OS's to load. I've deleted both Vendor files and have done many times with my old 9650.

I did, however, get this to work and I'm wondering if there is a downside?

I took the Sprint 241 all language folder and copied ALL the contents from the 353 in overwriting. AppLoader now recognizes that there is an update for my device when I connect, is there a possible downside to this?

I'm on Sprint & haven't had any problems installing any of these. I use BB Boss & it automatically deletes vendor files if they're present.

08-30-11 12:45 PM
    I'm on Sprint & haven't had any problems installing any of these. I use BB Boss & it automatically deletes vendor files if they're present.

I'll try BB Boss, but when I connect my phone and use DM or AppLoader it does not detect an OS when 353 or 340 are the only files in the shared/loader files, but when 241's folder is in (even with Vendor files deleted in all cases) it recognizes it immediately.

When I copied over the 353 files into the 241 folder it recognized it... it's frustrating.
    08-31-11 03:27 AM
    Im going crazy here. Im on a vzw 9930. Wiped all OS's, installed .353, deleted vendor, trying to run app loaderm, and it doesnt see the OS. Now im trying wiping, rebooting and loading app loader....nothing. Somehow bbsak did a wipe and i got an error 507! wow didnt know I could achieve that on os7 . anyway, any help would be appreciated.
    Right now I am using DM 7 beta to reload stock OS 254
    08-31-11 05:23 AM
    Im going crazy here. Im on a vzw 9930. Wiped all OS's, installed .353, deleted vendor, trying to run app loaderm, and it doesnt see the OS. Now im trying wiping, rebooting and loading app loader....nothing. Somehow bbsak did a wipe and i got an error 507! wow didnt know I could achieve that on os7 . anyway, any help would be appreciated.
    I ran in to same problem. I had to remove OS 254 for it to recognize the new OS. I am installing now.
    08-31-11 07:29 AM
    I ran in to same problem. I had to remove OS 254 for it to recognize the new OS. I am installing now.

Exactly. EVERY OS needs to be removed from your PC to ensure a good install.

08-31-11 07:43 AM
    I think some people, like myself, are still having the problem, even with every OS wiped from the computer. Only the Native OS will show as available.
    08-31-11 11:26 AM
    Ive done all that, It was the first thing I tried. Still, no recognition of the 353
    08-31-11 11:48 AM
    I am on windows XP and I just used the latest Desktop Manager ,not the beta . After I removed OS 254 ,I also reinstalled the 353 . And I relaunched DM, and I click update. It will then give you a popup to update your phone.

HTH
    08-31-11 12:45 PM
    Not sure what's up but I can't seem to set a wallpaper other than a few that I downloaded from the other day. All the ones I've loaded either by the bb browser or via usb cable today won't become a wallpaper. Just shows the Verizon stock and on one, I got a black screen. Not sure what's up with that. Gonna try reinstalling the OS and see if that helps
    08-31-11 07:46 PM
    Why are you guys using Desktop Manager? Just use Apploader...
    09-01-11 07:33 AM
    does the os7 work on bold 9700 too?
    09-01-11 07:59 AM
    does the os7 work on bold 9700 too?
    No it will not.
    09-01-11 10:18 AM
    @ Roy I have downloaded this leak and found it to fix the issue with the low audio volume when listening to music through the media player on the speakerphone. Before the update I could hear it but was not nearly what it should of been especially compared to past blackberry devices. I have a question if I wanted to install the official version when it comes out say they make more changes to it or what not how would i do so? Is there anyway to go back to the previous version then install the offical release? I am new to using these leaks but I had to try it because i listen to my music on my blackberry 50% of the time im using it. Also i would like to add that for the size of the battery in this device I have to say that it is surprisingly good. I saw some people having issues with the battery life but I think it might be related to the carrier your on your location and/or the battery in your phone may be defective.

Roy looking forward to your reply.
    09-01-11 02:49 PM
    Still only get ridiculous apps like WiFi music sync showing up using app loader. The os shows as being installed, but no os files show up when app loader gets to the install check off list screen. I've done hundreds of these and this is seriously stumping me.

09-01-11 07:55 PM
    Absolutely strangest install experience I've ever had. The Apploader would not turn on even after multiple restarts. Had to use Desktop Manager, and that was such a pain. Then during the actual install, kept experiencing strange connection and error issues.

Anyone else have these problems?
    09-01-11 08:47 PM
194 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD