- CrackBerry Addict
- 853 Posts
- 03-10-2011, 09:11 PM #52
Last edited by Cozmik; 03-10-2011 at 09:15 PM.Sent from one piece of tech or another.
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-10-2011, 09:59 PM #56
- 164 Posts
upgraded from 450.
can't find any noticeable changes after playing with it for 2 hrs.
i am pretty convinced the browser is snappier and the media picture
thumbnail loading/scrolling is definitely quicker than 450.
just those 2 minor things is all i can notice.
everything is working smoothly incl my 3rd party apps.
- 03-10-2011, 10:26 PM #61
browser is faster. some apps lagging but going to do a couple of battery pulls and let it rest till the morning and get a full charge.BB Torch forever
Follow me on Twitter
- 03-10-2011, 10:31 PM #62
Coming from OS .448 to .486. After a few hours....
- I see the same thing as tomabraham63 with the browser. Seems very quick.
- My picture swipe does pause briefly if I swipe faster than I normally would. It didnt with OS .448.
- I also noticed that when I touch the Facebook notification at the top of the home screen it opened the today screen and showed the Facebook message. When I touch the FB message in the today screen it opened in Facebook. I don't use FB often so I'm not sure if this is normal or new.
- Indoor, low light, flash photo quality appears the same as .448
- First problem for me, my .mp4 movie rips have no audio. I had the same problem with OS .450.
I reloaded all my 3rd party apps and they all work normal;
CanadianTire, GoogleMobileApp, Google Maps, Poynt, ScoreMobile, StormSlider, TuneIn Radio, WeatherEye.
Mobile, WiFi and BT connections all working as usual.
Cheers850, 7250, 8830, 9800, Z10 & PB
- 03-10-2011, 11:02 PM #66
I'm on .450, and the only compelling reason I might have to upgrade would be if the issue with .wav files was corrected. When I get a voicemail .wav attachment emailed to me (Vonage voicemail), when I play it on my Torch it sounds "warbled", but it plays normally on the computer.
Can anyone verify that it plays .wav attachments properly?
- 03-10-2011, 11:18 PM #74
- 03-10-2011, 11:22 PM #75Quote from NoahFecks:
…But enough of the Torch-Bashing. It's a waste of everyone's time and honestly, it's making you look like a 5 year old school yard bully. Amen. So absolutely childish. I'm starting to see a pattern at this place, it's starting to look like a grade school playground at recess. The Apple/Droid users are the baby bullies that say "my dad can beat up your dad". The BB users are the ones that reply "maybe so, but at least my dad is there for me when I need him".