Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Torch on Koodo

I gave an old unlocked Torch to my 15 year old daughter to replace the curve that she broke.
    Her existing plan with Koodo is the Blackberry Basic, no data plan, just BBM and Text.
    I want to be able to track her phone now that she is dating, but aparantly this plan won't work, and the rep at Koodo was less than helpfull, just saying that blackberry protect will not work on that phone on their network because they have never sold that model.
    Anyone know if the Blackberry social plan which provides social networking access will permit the GPS to work, as Koodo don't offer a general data plan for older blackberries anymore.

She wants a Z10, but due to her always loosing, or breaking phones, that will have to wait till she buys her own.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

I think the gps works regardless since it's autonomous, I am also thinking it should work with the social plan as well, since there are options to share locations and such.
    Leading today for tomorrow.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

The message I get when trying to find the location is that the device is not connected to the network, even though the device is on wifi, so it certainly can not access the GPS via wifi, and the device does use network data for BBM, but bb protect doesn';t use this. Don't want to try the social plan unless I know it works, as the basic plan that has unlimited text and bbm is not available anymore and if I change plans, I can;t get the old one back if it doesn't work
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts

Ihave a social plan on rogers and when I'm not connect to wifi the BB protect works .

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    Canada BBM Channel C001234A4