I installed YIM to my BB..and when I tried to sign in I got a message saying
    '' service not enabled for this handset''.

I have to pay for YIM
    06-30-08 02:36 AM
    No you don't pay. Yahoo messenger for ppl who have blackberry's with AT&T is not available. That's all. And if you look on the bottom of the download page on the web where all the legal writing is, it actually states that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 03:51 AM
    Your best bet is to get jivetalk. Beejive : instant messaging, just about anywhere

06-30-08 08:46 AM
    Thank you for your replies.

I am a bit surprised that it is not offered via AT&T.

Does the BeeJive allow you to carry over your friends from Yahoo?
    06-30-08 12:53 PM
    Yes. Yahoo msn aim google myspace

06-30-08 12:55 PM
    Yes. Yahoo msn aim google myspace

Great! That sounds good then. Thank you..
    06-30-08 01:07 PM
    Yw. You can try jivetalk free before u buy. Beejive : instant messaging, just about anywhere

06-30-08 01:08 PM
    How do I get the YIM application off my BB now?
    06-30-08 01:11 PM
    Go to options advance settings apps look for yahoo. Hit menu delete. Then reboot.

06-30-08 01:12 PM
    Go to options advance settings apps look for yahoo. Hit menu delete. Then reboot.

ah..got it. Thank you again.
    06-30-08 01:39 PM
    No you don't pay. Yahoo messenger for ppl who have blackberry's with AT&T is not available. That's all. And if you look on the bottom of the download page on the web where all the legal writing is, it actually states that.

Wow that totally sucks, I would rather get smacked in the hand with a hammer! That totally sucks.
    06-30-08 01:44 PM
    I found a post on pinstack.com that details how to do this. I would put up the URL but this site won't let me until I have made 10 posts, but I am sure a little searching will find the right post on pinstack.com

However it looks a pit tedious and dangerous. At least one individual who tried it made his phone inoperative.

Good hunting.
    07-01-08 08:07 PM
    This only seems to want to connect to AOL/AIM. I don't use that (can't stand it). I wanted for Yahoo, so am I doing something wrong here?
    07-01-08 11:10 PM
    I found a post on pinstack.com that details how to do this. I would put up the URL but this site won't let me until I have made 10 posts, but I am sure a little searching will find the right post on pinstack.com

However it looks a pit tedious and dangerous. At least one individual who tried it made his phone inoperative.

Good hunting.

Well, start posting..LOL
    07-01-08 11:13 PM
    There is a workaround for Yahoo for ATT users, I myself have done it and it works. I use the Yahoo client everyday. Search around for it, it's everywhere or PIN me and I'll help you. It took me all of a few minutes.
    07-02-08 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD