Hi there, just had a quick question, and can't seem to find an answer. Both wife and I are new to Blackberries. She has a BB Curve, and I can't figure out how to setup the phone, so that it is "just" voice. With work, the plan was "just voice".
    I have turned "off" the Data, and Mobile data. So far, it "seems" that this is what I am looking for. I think it is now "just" a voice phone....please tell me if I am wrong...
    My question is.....I think I her curve hooked into our wirefless at home, in which she can then do data?
    On the phone, it would say the provider (Bell), and also our wireless account when in the house.
    When outside of the house, it just say's the provider (Bell).

The questions arised, as she had downloaded a weather app, which updated every half an hour. When we left the house, it would revert to the mobile data provider, which we than racked up data....which of course the plan does not cover.
    Can I have the two data options off....have the weather app update whilst on our wireless at home, then leave home, and it will not update via the provider?
    Or should she just delete the app...

Again, we know the Blackberry is much more than a voice phone, but it was "free" via work, and only a voice plan was covered..
    My phone is the Bold 9900, with the full meal deal, so no worries with mine.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.
    K
    01-28-13 10:49 AM
    Under Network Connections - Mobile Network you can turn cellular data services off and still use wifi
    kmfarla likes this.
    01-28-13 01:31 PM
    Question #2 depends on what app she is using for weather the options vary...

1. change the sync interval to something like 12 hours (less data used )
    2. depending on the app your using it could have a WiFi only update option? look around the app menu
    02-04-13 10:56 PM