Well, for my 16th birthday in April, I'm getting a T-Mobile Curve 8320. What I am wondering is: If I wait until April of next year to buy it, will it still be $150 like it is now or will the price increase or maybe even decrease? (I am wondering this because I really want to get a Curve 8320!)
    Also, I know nobody can 100% accurately predict the price of an item, but I just need a prediction.

~ Typhon ~

(And...I did not know whether this thread belonged in the Curve Sub-Forum, the T-mobile Sub-Forum, or this Sub-Forum, so I am terribly sorry if this is the wrong section...)
    08-26-08 09:28 PM
    You can get the gold one for 99 right now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 09:29 PM
    The carriers subsidise the price, usually 50%, but they also position it a decision array.

Will the price be cheaper in a year? That depends on what it is competing with next year.

$100 for an 8320 on a contract or $400 for a purchase, the carrier is making money both ways.

Buy it now. In a year, you will see what a great value it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 09:47 PM
    lol, yeah that's something else, I cant buy it now. I can only buy it next year...
    08-26-08 09:59 PM
    If you DONT have to buy it through TMo and can go with say Verizon... I know that VZN is having their August Blow-out and their Curve 8330 is $50 on a 2 year contract. Not really sure if there's really any difference between the TMo 8320 and the VZN 8330.
    08-27-08 02:21 AM
    A deal on a phone is like a bus. If you miss one, there will be another one coming along soon.

The key is to find the best deal when you are in the market for one - not a year in advance. If you go to a store like a kiosk at the mall that is a T-Mobile (or Verizon, or ATT) "authorized agent" there is the price they initially tell you and then there is the price you negotiate. My Curve through T-M ended up being $125 with a $100 rebate, so $25 .

The price, though, is fairly inconsequential compared to what the contract ends up costing you over the 2-year term. Get a service provider and a plan that you are happy with even if the handset might cost a few bucks more.

One other thing - in a year, the models will probably have changed so while the current Curve and Pearl are common now, the next models (possibly with better features?) will probably be out this time next year.
    08-27-08 08:37 AM
    Not really sure if there's really any difference between the TMo 8320 and the VZN 8330.
    I think 8330 has GPS capability, while the 8320 does not (or if it does, I would like to know about it!)

Conversely, the 8320 has Wi-Fi capability, which I don't think is available on the 8330. Plus - don't they operate on different bands (i.e. 8320 is GSM, 8330 is CDMA)?
    08-27-08 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD