No smart-alic answers please. I just got an 8330 and I love it. I want to make it as awesome as possible. I'm pretty sure I already got all the free apps and themes covered now I'm eying up the OS. Is it risky? Is it worth the risk? Is 4.5 really that much more awesome than 4.3?
    09-22-08 05:23 PM
    There are some minor differences between 4.3 and 4.5. But
    as a word of advice, get to know your device first. Read some
    of the How To threads, that way you'll be more skilled at
    performing the upgrade and better prepared for whatever
    bumps in the road may occur.

Welcome to CrackBerry
    09-22-08 05:27 PM
    I've had my BB a month. I can do twice as much as a friend of mines who's had his twice as long. I'm pretty tech savvy.
    09-22-08 05:29 PM
    Not knowing your skill level or that of your friend ....... but a month ain't all that long.

If, however, you feel comfortable doing the upgrade go ahead.
    But seriously the benefits you gain will not be that significant.
    This thread will help alot
    09-22-08 05:41 PM
    I succeeded without a hitch thanks to the direction link you provided. Thanks. Only problem I came across is password keeper and memo pad aren't included in this OS or maybe it's something I did. I think I'm one of the few that actually used them. Ah well. I shall seek out a solution.
    09-23-08 08:27 AM
    dnlandes, to be honest, upgrading to v4.5 so far has been a hit and miss from what i've gathered.

on one hand, you have those that ugrade without any problems whatsoever (including me). then you have those that run into a myriad of problems.

I was a nervous wreck when i did the upgrading cos i knew i was taking a chance. But it worked well for me. So if you ask me, was the upgrade worth it? i would say yes!

the fact that they added new Alpha Sans fonts alone i think is worth it. makes the curve so much more pleasant to read.
    09-23-08 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD