Hi everyone! I have 3 mailboxes my Curve can access. One is gmail and it works fine. One is a service provider mailbox that I hardly ever use. And the one I use the most is my "main" mailbox. I access it on the desktop using SMTP and read it with Mozilla Thunderbird. I can also read it on the web if I'm travelling.

When I got my Curve I set it up and it worked right away, I was so impressed. But at some point I updated something and now 3 times a day all the mail from that box is deleted. it's always at the top of the hour, 7 am every morning, then again in the afternoon and then again sometime in the evening. So I cannot save any messages from that email box on my BB! And it seems to me it's more likely to clear the mail out if my desktop is on (thus downloading and erasing mail from the server) -- but why would it clear my BB only 3 times a day?

What would be causing this? Yes I have the mailbox set to synch but I don't erase every message. And it didn't do that before, it started doing it when I had some other trouble with the Curve and sent *ACT (activate) to try to get it working again.

Does anyone have any idea why it would do this? Remember this is only for one mailbox out of 3, the other 2 work fine. Thanks in advance.
    11-29-08 06:58 PM
    Your query is sadly languishing here with no answers yet. Hmmm that is a weird one. Maybe if you open up your email folder / menu / options / General Settings / scroll down to "Keep Messages" (mines set to 30 days)

I've read somewhere about a memory allowance and if exceeded it purges out your older emails. Stumped on that and then again maybe I'm hallucinating from my addiction.'

Here's a couple search hits:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/ema...sappear-83957/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/ima...sappear-32102/

Hope one of those leads you down the right path... or maybe it's a freeing up memory thingy, though doesn't sound like it as it's only happening in the one email box.

Good luck.
    11-30-08 01:47 AM
    thanks for replying, PVT. I do have Keep Messages set to 30 days, that's the default. Remember, it didn't delete messages when I first set it up, and then at some point it started doing so 2-3 times a day. But only when my desktop computer is on and I'm downloading mail from server to Thunderbird every 10 minutes. But BB doesn't erase every 10 minutes, it erases everything in the mailbox every 8 hours or so.

I checked your links, thanks for providing, but again, those seem to be different problems. I noticed another user complaining of the same problem who wasn't helped but that person didn't provide enough background.

I really wish someone ran into this problem and could help! I don't think it's flash memory or all the mailboxes should be flushing and they're not.
    12-01-08 12:27 AM
    Maybe best to either post in Blackberry Discussion Forum... Similar but different title and preface it by mentioning that your intention is not to double post, though since you deadended here that you hoped you would get more visibility there. You could also post a link to this thread.

Anyways, I hope that this would be a way to get some of the CB guru Forum Moderators or another user to help out. I had thought of the curve forum but maybe Blackberry Disscusion covers EveryBerry questions.

Wish I could have been of more help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 12:35 AM
    your problem may lay in the set up from your p.c
    and its set to delete earlier than you really want
    12-01-08 12:54 AM
    I have the same problem with my new Bold. On my main account, all emails greater than 2 days have suddenly disappeared. This is a new issue as they were all there 2 days ago. The email is set to keep the email for 3 months/ The File free is 8 MB (8035889 Bytes). There is 7.6 MB free for application memory, 858/859.2 MB free space on device memory , and 3.3/3.8 gb free on the media card. The email messages are still on the server (comcast), although I have my reconciliation setting set to "mailbox wins". I have not synchronized the email to outlook yet, the black berry and the outlook receive emails independently from the comcast server.

Amy ideas about this would be greatly appreciated. i followed the links above but they did not seem to address this problem.
    12-01-08 08:47 AM
    I just had the same thing happen to me on my Bold, except it was the last two days of all 3 email accounts that disappeared. I have 31.0MB of free app memory, 859.2 on device memory, and 8.6 GB in the media card. This is the first time this has happened. I've been running OS .237 for weeks now and no problem like this has ever happened.
    03-14-09 06:57 AM
    I am also facing this issue....my mail account has the emails downloaded to Outlook on my PC (on 24X7) and my bold.

The emails which were already on my bold 'disappeared' suddenly...From my outlook, I did not enable 'Leave a copy of messages on the server' but could still receive the emails.

Could it be due to the email reconciliation settings on my bold? I'm guessing during reconciliation, it saw that the emails were gone from the email acct (downloaded by Outlook) and proceeded to remove the emails from my bold.
    11-05-09 03:45 AM
    My curve just started doing the same thing except they disappear after a mater of seconds.

Last edited by catusjack; 05-02-10 at 11:02 AM.
    05-02-10 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD