Greetings from Texas!

Former BB user, BES Administrator, and Novell GroupWise email admin for a large school district. Feels like a lifetime ago! We used a variety of BBs and I provided support for admin staff during those years. I got away from them by immersing myself into the Android universe, but I'm currently being drawn back. I hear the siren song and can't resist adding a Priv to the collection since prices have dropped. Placed my order and it should arrive shortly. (My daily driver is an LG V10.)

I'm keeping an open mind as I explore this BB/Android marriage. I'll mostly be lurking, reading, and researching, but I'll see you all around the water cooler.

Alan
    08-08-16 09:57 AM
    Greetings from Texas!

Former BB user, BES Administrator, and Novell GroupWise email admin for a large school district. Feels like a lifetime ago! We used a variety of BBs and I provided support for admin staff during those years. I got away from them by immersing myself into the Android universe, but I'm currently being drawn back. I hear the siren song and can't resist adding a Priv to the collection since prices have dropped. Placed my order and it should arrive shortly. (My daily driver is an LG V10.)

I'm keeping an open mind as I explore this BB/Android marriage. I'll mostly be lurking, reading, and researching, but I'll see you all around the water cooler.

Alan
    Welcome to CB Alan.. Priv is a great device and BlackBerry manages to do well with Android.. Very good UI.. Hope you like it and the device..
    08-08-16 10:23 AM
    I have had many BB's and I have the Priv now and it really is a great phone! BB updates the OS every month on time if you have a true unlocked phone. I use the VKB 99% of the time but it is nice to use the PKB at times to show off to those drones and sheep
    08-09-16 09:29 AM
    I have also had many Blackberry devices and now use a Priv and and iPhone 6s. Welcome back to Crackberry and enjoy the site.
    08-09-16 01:32 PM
    Crackberry Blues! Seems like the Crackberry universe for BB10 is getting smaller and smaller as we hanger on'ers are getting fewer and fewer. I really hate to see the BBOS 10 being dumped by the highway for the Android suite. I have a fear my Z30 will be my last. And parting is not a sweet one. The forums for meeting others has shrunk dramatically. Used to be there was someone new everyday. Now it seems more like three or four times a week. OK enough venting. Have a stupendous BlackBerry day!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 01:51 PM
    Thanks for the welcome.

I'm definitely interested in exploring this strange amalgam. Prices on the phone have dropped low enough for me to jump on it. My curiosity is piqued and I think it should fit nicely into my phone lifestyle. I've been using Android since ICS 4.0, so I'm comfortably ensconsed within that universe. Adding a few tweaked BB software goodies into the mix should prove useful. If nothing else, the Hub unified inbox is enough to woo me back to the dark fruit for a test drive of the Priv.
    08-09-16 02:13 PM