Everything on the device, ar also everything on my media card like pictures?

When I restore it puts them back on the media card?
    09-14-08 07:44 PM
    doesnt back up memory card stuff as far as I know just email settings calender settings and that type of stuff
    09-14-08 07:46 PM
    ...and 3rd party applications need to be backed up a different way...??
    09-14-08 07:57 PM
    Anyway to backup videos and pictures that are on my micro sd card, or just make a file on m pc and drag/drop?
    Last edited by hal1; 09-14-08 at 08:10 PM.
    09-14-08 07:59 PM
    Everything on the device, ar also everything on my media card like pictures?

When I restore it puts them back on the media card?
    The backup backs up the contacts, calendar, tasks, etc. It doesn't back up any media or 3rd party applications.

...and 3rd party applications need to be backed up a different way...??
    As far as I know, there is no way to back up 3rd party applications.

Anyway to backup videos and pictures that are on my micro sd card, or just make a file on m pc and drag/drop?
    Yeah, set your BB to mass storage mode when you plug it in, and then just copy everything into a folder on your computer.
    09-14-08 08:13 PM
    Crucial Xtreme posted on backing up 3rd party applications...I know I read about it somewhere
    09-14-08 08:23 PM
    hal1 when you connect ur device via usb cord you can save everything in the device(ur bb ) also if you want to save everything on ur media card you can take it out of the bb and get a card reader and save it to the pc
    09-15-08 01:13 AM
    actually i've always wondered what the backup function backs up as well.

i have my media on my media card so that's no problem. My address book is saved on my phone though, and that's important so i would hope/assume the program backups up calenders, contacts, messages?
    09-15-08 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD