I'm now an Curve (8330) owner...Shipping that storm back ASAP..

Have only had it for a couple hours...I'm rocking the .131 OS, upgrade went smoothly, no huge issues...a few problems using the "switch device" on DM going from the storm to the curve...

Overall my initial impressions are:

1. I'm digging how "compact" it is..It's also light compared to my storm...I don't feel like I'm working out the hand everytime I use it..being on the phone without using any type of blue tooth headset, will be great now, especially for any length of time.

2. Ease of use is great...I like the "instant feedback" you get when using the trackball...you can go in and out of apps easily without having to wait a few seconds after trying to open an app..

3. The browser is rather fast...the browser on the storm (after updating to a few leaked OS's) was a little faster, but nothing too noticeable. I like being able to see and use the cursor while on the web, what a Great enhancement that I wasn't used to with the storm

4. I'm kicking it with 48 of Mem, which is a tad bit higher than I ever had on the storm...the most I got on that was 46..

So Initially I'm allready diggn the curve more than I ever liked the storm...I'll have to wait a few weeks to really get into using the curve, but I don't forsee any probs...am anxious to see how the battery holds...

Everyone have a great holiday weekend, I know I will now!!
    05-22-09 04:05 PM
    Congrats, expect to recharge the battery on a daily basis with normal to heavy use. Some people claim to get a couple days off a charge and I have but a daily charge is normal for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 04:41 PM
    I seem to go two days but I think it is recommended to charge daily, better for the bat...
    05-22-09 04:47 PM
    at least now you have a real keyboard
    05-22-09 04:49 PM
    Battery life will vary according to usage. I run mine, oh, 10-12 hours of heavy usage, gets me to about 35% before it's on charge. This is with Blutooth on, so your experience may vary.

Do not drain it down,say, below 15%,this a good way to shorten battery life and cause yourself unnecessary grief.

Welcome to the Curve side.

05-22-09 04:50 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but all the manuals (new BB convert) say to be sure to charge your phone before turning on for the first time. Of this never happens cause the VZW reps always turn it on to do in store set up. I really can only get one days moderate use out of mine. Could them turning it on affect the battery that badly?
    05-22-09 04:54 PM
    No, not really. I'm sure as a part of quality control they are also tested at the factory for the ability to power up.

05-22-09 05:01 PM
    Like I said...dumb question. But something I've been curious about. Thanks.
    05-22-09 05:03 PM
    I also came from the Storm and completely agree, a far superior device. Battery life however surprising, is worse than it was on my Storm.
    05-22-09 05:49 PM
    The Seidio 1500 mAh battery helps some

05-22-09 06:27 PM
    I got rid of my storm also and got the 8330 and I love it!!!

I got an app called autostandyby and it totally improved the battery life I can go all day and a few hour into the next day.

05-22-09 06:42 PM
    I guess I got lucky...I fully charged my battery yesterday at 4p and as of today at 7 I am down to only 80%..moderate texting and web usage...nothing really to much else...maybe about 20 calls...so for my device so far I'm liking this battery

05-23-09 07:00 PM
    I guess I got lucky...I fully charged my battery yesterday at 4p and as of today at 7 I am down to only 80%..moderate texting and web usage...nothing really to much else...maybe about 20 calls...so for my device so far I'm liking this battery

Man, I gotta be doing something wrong. I charge mine every night, and still can't get 80% that evening (unplug in the morn after alarm goes off), even on a light usage day. I may have to try that autostandby or something.
    05-23-09 07:05 PM
    Yes the storm ios the bomb. Far better than the storm.

05-23-09 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD