All of a sudden my blackberry has started doing these things: incoming SMS texts are not coming in although several people told me they sent me text messages yesterday. Two text messages I sent showed up on my screen with the "D" icon but when I looked later to see if I had a response both of my text messages were gone. The recipients told they never got anything from me. Early this morning I got an email from "[email protected]" that says "You asked to have your password sent to your device" and it shows my password. I never asked for it to be sent to me. AND, when I synced it to my laptop Outlook the address book on my laptop is now out of sync. On about a third of the email addresses, the names now have someone elses email address. Help. What's going on? Kathy
    10-31-08 11:31 AM
    Are you on a company BES?
    10-31-08 11:37 AM
    No. i'm just an indidvidual.
    10-31-08 01:46 PM
    I was thinking maybe your IT department changed the PIN attached to your account, but if you're on the BIS then I really don't know..sorry. I'll look around the forum for some more info, but if a genius doesn't help you soon I'd just call tech support at RIM.
    10-31-08 01:49 PM
    Is it possibly a refurbed device? May need to wipe it. Try a bat pull and see what happens

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 05:26 PM
    thanks for the response but i have no idea what you said. i bought it new and use verizon for my service. do you think these are separate problems or connected? i not getting my text messages and it worries me that i got that email that said i had asked for my password to be sent to my device. can blackberries be hacked like computers?
    11-02-08 11:08 AM
    No, there are on a secured network, you're safe. I would contact VZW tech support at this point though. I really don't have a suggestion for you and no one else seems to have seen this before either..good luck, post back with any info they give you.
    11-02-08 12:16 PM
    Yea, if its a new device (not one that had probelms, got fixed, and resold) I'd check with VZW like berry me said. I've never heard of that, and this site is your best bet to get info. Let us know what they say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 03:53 PM
    i was out of memory. it was 0. they had me pull out the battery and put it back. that took care of everything except the Outlook addresses on my laptop being jumbled up. i didn't know my bb could run out memory. yes, i'm blonde but thought was fairly tech savvy (at least on a laptop). learn something new everyday!
    11-05-08 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD