I ordered a Curve thru TMO last week and am still waiting for it to get here. The wait is killing me!

...So, here am I, biding my time on these great forums at crackberry.com! I've already learned a couple of things that will come in handy. Thanks for the info and keep the berry juice flowing!
    12-19-07 09:42 AM
    Hey mini, welcome to the site! Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for your new toy, I can relate to how you're feeling as I get really impatient when I'm waiting on something being delivered!!
    12-19-07 09:50 AM
    For me, it's the age-old adage of being stuck between a rock and a hard place - I hate to pay for expedited shipping, but I also hate to wait forever. However, my frugal tendencies nearly always win out over my impatience!

The tracking status suggests that the ETA isn't until 12/24! Those are almost always conservative estimates, but with it being so close to Xmas I don't know - it just might take till then.

I have had some practice at waiting though: I've ordered two MINI Coopers since 2002 (screen name make sense now?) and each took a while to come in. The advantage is that it gives you time to develop somewhat of a bond before it arrives - eerily like the gestation period of a pregnancy.
    12-19-07 10:04 AM
    For me, it's the age-old adage of being stuck between a rock and a hard place - I hate to pay for expedited shipping, but I also hate to wait forever. However, my frugal tendencies nearly always win out over my impatience!
    I'm pretty much the same!

I have had some practice at waiting though: I've ordered two MINI Coopers since 2002 (screen name make sense now?) and each took a while to come in. The advantage is that it gives you time to develop somewhat of a bond before it arrives - eerily like the gestation period of a pregnancy.
    Strange how I never really thought of waiting on something in that way before!
    12-19-07 10:10 AM
    did your bb come yet.
    12-29-07 08:51 PM
    Yes, thanks. As a matter of fact, I'm replying from it now.

Suprisingly enough, it arrived well before the estimated time, showing up on the 20th. (props to Amazon). Since then, I've been quite busy playing/learning!

Since I'm completely new to the realm of BB, this forum has already proven to be a tremendous resource for me.

And, regarding my biggest concern in switching from VZW, I've been satisfied with TMo's coverage in my region so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-07 06:48 AM
    Okay,this is a crazy suggestion,but has anyone thought of just going to a tmobile store or authorized dealer to sign up and you want have to wait for your blackberry to come by mail,i mean just a crazy idea
    12-30-07 08:33 AM
    Yes, I did think about it - but:

1. I wasn't able to get as good of a deal on the phone thru the stores.
    2. The closest TMo store to me is ~ 30 min each way. (Maybe not killer in itself, but consider with #1).
    3. The closer auth. dealer (Costco) didn't even have the Curve available.

So, I decided that buying online (and waiting however impatiently) was my best choice.

12-30-07 09:57 AM
    Welcome! I'm new here too, but I have found scads of useful information.

I know what you mean about waiting for stuff to arrive. I ordered my Curve from AT&T on 12-21 and had to wait until 12-24 for it to arrive. I didn't even pay for fast shipping. Fed-Ex really came through for me!

My BB is rarely more than 3 feet away from me except when I take a shower, and even then, if it rings I can still hear it. So much more than just a phone.
    12-30-07 11:34 AM
    Yes, I did think about it - but:

1. I wasn't able to get as good of a deal on the phone thru the stores.
    2. The closest TMo store to me is ~ 30 min each way. (Maybe not killer in itself, but consider with #1).
    3. The closer auth. dealer (Costco) didn't even have the Curve available.

So, I decided that buying online (and waiting however impatiently) was my best choice.

Fair enough
    12-31-07 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD