Are there any vpn clients anyone would recommend for a blackberry 8830 that is using BIS? Am looking for something to enable a vpn connection to my organization's vpn concentrator.

Thanks!
    07-07-07 07:31 AM
    If you just need to just remote into a pc to resolve issues, it would be better to get a Terminal Services client. T-Mobile have one (can't find the link at present). But, you've not listed your carrier (UserCP / options), so am not sure if you've even with T-Mobile...
    07-07-07 08:35 AM
    If you just need to just remote into a pc to resolve issues, it would be better to get a Terminal Services client. T-Mobile have one (can't find the link at present). But, you've not listed your carrier (UserCP / options), so am not sure if you've even with T-Mobile...
    I don't need to remote in to a pc to resolve issues. What I'm wondering is whether the email traffic between my bb and the BIS (I have verizon) is encrypted.

Thanks.
    07-07-07 09:04 AM
    It is, to a degree.

I don't understand this then: "vpn connection to my organization's vpn concentrator."
    07-07-07 09:40 AM
    It is, to a degree.

I don't understand this then: "vpn connection to my organization's vpn concentrator."
    With our organizations's notebook windows pc's, we install a piece of software called a vpn client which is used to create an encrypted connection to our organization's vpn concentrator, which is some type of equipment that encrypts the traffic between the notebook and the vpn concentrator.
    07-07-07 10:11 AM
    Sorry, I should explain, I work in IT. We have the same setup, but what I don't understand is why you want to have a vpn connection to you office's VPN concentrator, from your BlackBerry? Unless, like me you want to connect to servers at work (and I use the Terminal Service Remote Desktop from my BlackBerry)...

For one, if you have a laptop, and you connect to your work servers from home, am 100% sure you already have a vpn client on the laptop, no?

So, how does BIS come into play? Does your company not have BES? See why am confused?
    07-07-07 10:27 AM
    Sorry, I should explain, I work in IT. We have the same setup, but what I don't understand is why you want to have a vpn connection to you office's VPN concentrator, from your BlackBerry? Unless, like me you want to connect to servers at work (and I use the Terminal Service Remote Desktop from my BlackBerry)...

For one, if you have a laptop, and you connect to your work servers from home, am 100% sure you already have a vpn client on the laptop, no?

So, how does BIS come into play? Does your company not have BES? See why am confused?
    I'm confused on what same setup you say you have where you work.

My question is whether there is a vpn client - 3rd party or otherwise - that can be used to encrypt the email traffic when BES is not used.
    07-07-07 02:34 PM
    Email traffic via BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) is already encrpted, to a degree...
    07-07-07 03:34 PM
    Email traffic via BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) is already encrpted, to a degree...
    If its already encrypted to a degree, that sounds good. Can you elaborate?
    07-07-07 04:55 PM
    Unless, like me you want to connect to servers at work (and I use the Terminal Service Remote Desktop from my BlackBerry)...

Hi. I'm about to buy an 8830 on VZW. I've seen the thread on PocketVPN. But I'm also interested in a remote desktop service. I've googled around for this from VZW, but can't find one -- do you know if one is available? I expect that we will implement BES light if that matters.

Thanks.
    07-11-07 09:10 PM
    Sorry wasn't sure where to put this.....
    We are about to purchase two Blackberry 8330s.
    We currently use Cisco Systems VPN Client to access our network and use our iSeries (AS400) mainframe.
    Is this possible to do on a Blackberry?
    What software should we use?
    Appreciate the help.
    Robin Archer
    07-31-08 10:21 AM
    why don't use bes? or united?
    BIS+encripted message + vpn = BES (and more ! )

Dario
    BlackberryLatino.com
    07-31-08 10:26 AM
    Hello:
    This question is for NaviWilliams MOD IT guru: I was directed to this post on a search quest. Maybe you can help.

I am looking for a way to access my media card from a bluetooth connection. Like when its hard usb cabled, except with bluetooth. How can I get the drive letter to show as "removeable external storage device" under bluetooth. PAN doesnt recognize the berry, and I was looking into VPN over bluetooth. Any clues or suggestions would be helpful.
    04-13-09 03:12 PM
    Reply to subscribe
    04-13-09 03:16 PM
    Sorry wasn't sure where to put this.....
    We are about to purchase two Blackberry 8330s.
    We currently use Cisco Systems VPN Client to access our network and use our iSeries (AS400) mainframe.
    Is this possible to do on a Blackberry?
    What software should we use?
    Appreciate the help.
    Robin Archer
    If you need a access to AS400 in terminal mode
    may be this 3d can help:
    forums.crackberry.com/f52/blackberry-as400-154595/index2.html

I am introducing SSL Cryptography in the next day
    04-29-09 07:54 AM
    MidpSSH is free

(RoveIT) MobileAdmin (Idocorro formally MobileSSH and MobleDesktop) is NOT but is the indudtry leading solution for IT pros. About $2K for 1 seat and $3K for 5. What a ripoff when their former product had a $100 liscence fee!
    04-29-09 08:24 AM
    I too am looking for a solution to log into the As400 through the blackberry.

I have downloaded the 5250 app, but We do not have a static outside IP address to the system.

I would need a VPN app, to create the secured tunnell, then the 5250 app to grant me access to the terminal.

All I am missing is the VPN
    05-13-09 05:06 PM
    Also looking for a VPN client for 8330. My desire is to remote desktop into machines within my companies network.
    08-05-09 10:06 AM
    If you need a access to AS400 in terminal mode
    may be this 3d can help:
    forums.crackberry.com/f52/blackberry-as400-154595/index2.html

I am introducing SSL Cryptography in the next day
    I have an 8330 and also wish to hook up to my iSeries (i5 mainframe now but yet still call it as400.. ahh memories). We also use VPN. I saw that there is a TN5250 now for blackberry. Very cool little application from what i have seen. Only thing I am missing is VPN since we do not use a BES. I am a 'newbie' to this site and still haven't figured out how to even start a new post. I appreciate any help and pointers on the site as well as what i am trying to do with connecting to work.
    09-01-09 08:21 AM
    hi

i am looking for a vpn similar to hotspot shield, the reason why i am looking for this is because i live in the uae and alot of sites are blocked and they have just started blocking sites on the blackberry network, any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you.
    12-28-09 02:37 AM
    Hi...Any idea if there's any VPN client for BB 9900 just to access Facebook, Twitter, Youtube?

I'm based in China (China Mobile SIM) and everything works fine except no Facebook/twitter...

Would be cook to have fb on my 9900! Any help/suggestions?
    09-04-11 09:26 AM
    Check Supervpn.net website at VPN For BlackBerry | BlackBerry PlayBook VPN | VPN On BlackBerry for Blackberry VPN . I use their service to connect and use VPN for my Blackberry Curve 9380 and my Blackberry Playbook.
    12-22-12 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD