So basically I want to return my Curve for the impending release of the Storm, but I was just curious as to my best way going about doing it. I think I payed around $300 with my NE2 for the Curve on October 7th. I also had a mail in rebate, but have yet to send it in. So my question is, when I return the phone to Verizon, does it basically give me back my NE2 and refund all my money? Should I send in my mail in rebate to get my (I think) 70 dollars back or does that make it so I can't return it? The way I see it I'll go in on the 6th and return the phone saying that I don't like it, and use my old one until the Storm is released. Do I get all my money back, including the mail in rebate if I sent it in? Thanks to anyone that should help, and any advice would be appreciated!
    10-22-08 11:04 PM
    i remember when I got the LG voyager when it first came out. Had lots of problems with it over time with it restarting several times a week. Although it was way past the 30 days (6+ months), VZW has a policy where if you get a replacement device 3 times, they will allow you to change to a completely new device regardless of the 30 days. The defect has to be validated however. This worked for me twice so far including this time for the restarting voyager and once before for a painfully slow n choppy moto krzr.

In any sense, to make a long story short, the voyager had a rebate which I got more or less around the same time they let me upgrade to the BB curve. So I guess u can say I got a free curve plus a rebate for a different phone. Pretty cool huh?
    10-22-08 11:29 PM
    You can return it within the 30 days for any reason and re-use your NE2 for the storm. I would suggest you NOT send in the rebate because they will charge you for it on the return since you will receive it in the mail even after the return. ie if you mail in the rebatr you will get it back, therefore they'll charge you $70. Returns are full refund on the money paid POS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 07:45 AM
    So basically I want to return my Curve for the impending release of the Storm, but I was just curious as to my best way going about doing it. I think I payed around $300 with my NE2 for the Curve on October 7th. I also had a mail in rebate, but have yet to send it in. So my question is, when I return the phone to Verizon, does it basically give me back my NE2 and refund all my money? Should I send in my mail in rebate to get my (I think) 70 dollars back or does that make it so I can't return it? The way I see it I'll go in on the 6th and return the phone saying that I don't like it, and use my old one until the Storm is released. Do I get all my money back, including the mail in rebate if I sent it in? Thanks to anyone that should help, and any advice would be appreciated!

You cannot get the mail in rebate. That requires you to cut one panel of the box off and if you do that you cannot return the phone.
    10-23-08 08:36 AM
    Well I have yet to cut the box, which is why I wanted to ask beforehand. SO basically I'll just take everything back and they will refund my money and give me my NE2 back. I can then use it on the storm when it is released, correct?
    10-23-08 04:01 PM
    If you cut the box, VZW will still return it, but they will charge you the $70 for the rebate because you will still recieve it back in the mail. Yes, your last statement is correct.
    10-23-08 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD