Hello my name is Alex and I look forward to using a BlackBerry passport.was tired of using a slate designed phone I wanted something different after doing extensive research about which one I wanted I sided with the passport for its intriguing design and now its currently en route to my location by now. I never used a BlackBerry before but I see the os looks really smooth. I love how the keyboard has a built in trackpad. I've had both Android and apple phones. but I'm just tired of same ol same ol I can't wait to turn heads ( and probably be made fun of������) for having something different then anyone else. but that's the point isn't it? See you all around I'll prolly be surfing the questions and answers forums in the near future lol.

Oh and a little bit about me
    27 male from florida

I love the band called the strokes if your a strokes fan then we will be great friends

I love technology and videogames always enjoyed trying new devices and I own a ps4

My ps4 name is spacecadet106 if anyone here has a ps4 you can add me

Also a swimming pool expert if anyone has a pool question you can ask me
    Last edited by Blanco00; 07-22-17 at 07:34 PM.
    07-22-17 07:18 PM
    Welcome to Blackberry!

Do you know how to load google play store for most apps? If not go to this forum:Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page.
    Blanco00 likes this.
    07-22-17 07:46 PM
    Welcome to the Club! Got mine a week ago and I totally love it!

Posted via CB10
    Blanco00 likes this.
    07-22-17 07:50 PM
    Welcome.

You'll enjoy it. The Passport is an amazing device. The absolute pinnacle of BB10 and the best BlackBerry ever made.

Posted via CB10
    Blanco00 likes this.
    07-22-17 11:41 PM
    Welcome.

You'll enjoy it. The Passport is an amazing device. The absolute pinnacle of BB10 and the best BlackBerry ever made.

Posted via CB10
    Give that man a woof!
    07-23-17 07:55 AM
    Yep based on my research it really is a good looking phone I've always been interested in odd things or different i should say I'm one of those who drove a Saab 9-3 at one point I don't know just enjoy standing out lol
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    07-23-17 08:43 AM
    My only hope is that BlackBerry doesn't completely disown their os right after I start using it lol that happened to me with the palm pre guys wish me luck on getting it working on metropcs I'm gonna try telling them it's an Android I heard that works..
    07-23-17 08:47 AM
    Not sure it could take you out of the galaxy, but if you love it enough, maybe the moon.
    07-23-17 11:50 AM
    Good choice, cobalt is pretty good for getting a fast trusted app on Passport. I don't use it anymore though as most apps there are also elsewhere. APK Pure is really good. The Dropbox or SD is a good place to install from after you have checked them out. Keep in mind its a good thing to reload your software often. Just keep your contacts on One email and sync in the hub. The Password Keeper might be one of the best apps on the device. PK has an easy import export and cloud sync. If you have the time, the assistant can look over a lot of the devices apps and will also display anything with a title or tag. You'll love BB Link and Blend.
    07-24-17 03:30 AM
    Hey so I got it lol I love it man it looks awesome and feels awesome however I have a question I bought an sim card but I havn t switched to it yet I put the sim in the BlackBerry and it doesn't read the card granted there's no service in the card it shows a sim card with a red exclamation point next to it then says sim card not detected is it doing this because there's no service on It?
    07-25-17 07:53 PM
    It was hard for me but hard to let it go. Too much of my hardware like smartwatches, security cams, or Philips hue, don't have official support or good apps for blackberry is. But if I could get one cheap enough I may be back lol.
    08-07-17 12:01 AM
    Hey so I got it lol I love it man it looks awesome and feels awesome however I have a question I bought an sim card but I havn t switched to it yet I put the sim in the BlackBerry and it doesn't read the card granted there's no service in the card it shows a sim card with a red exclamation point next to it then says sim card not detected is it doing this because there's no service on It?
    Did you finally resolve the SIM issue?
    If not you should contact your provider.

Nothing like my SE
    08-07-17 01:19 AM
    Did you finally resolve the SIM issue?
    If not you should contact your provider.

Nothing like my SE
    yep I bent up the Sim too much so I went to tmobile and it's been going strong for a few weeks. using it feels so refreshing keyboard is flawless. I don't get why phones dont utilize the keyboard anymore if this phone had full android support like the keyone it would be awesome
    08-07-17 01:52 AM
    In my opinion it would be better if we had ongoing support for OS10, but unfortunately this is not going to happen...

Nothing like my SE
    08-07-17 05:29 AM
    Welcome to the best phone in the universe!

Posted with my amazing Passport SE
    akavbb likes this.
    08-07-17 06:21 AM
    My only hope is that BlackBerry doesn't completely disown their os right after I start using it lol that happened to me with the palm pre guys wish me luck on getting it working on metropcs I'm gonna try telling them it's an Android I heard that works..
    BlackBerry "disowned" that OS back in 2013 when John Chen was made CEO and he was forced to started cutting "cost". By the end of 2014 it was clear that BB10 development had been brought to an end, which is why users are stuck with an outdated Android Runtime from 2013.

That said it should work on metropcs, other than it's missing Band 12.
    08-07-17 10:32 AM
    Great to read a thread about someone purchasing a BlackBerry 10 device in 2017. Keep the BlackBerry 10 fire burning. 🔥
    08-13-17 02:04 PM