Hi,

I'm not sure about upgrading the OS afraid of losing all the internet and conectivity settings. There seem to be complicated settings on nearly every Advanced Settings page. Should I write all these up before upgrading the OS or will they remain on the phone even after upgrading?

(I really want the separate inboxes feature on the new version!)

Also, does the backup tool on the Desktop Manager backup the OS and all the settings? (just in case anything goes wrong)

Thank you for your time!

Cheers,
    Nestor.
    08-29-07 08:33 PM
    Unless you're experienced in this. I'd say ONLY download and install the lastest OS, IF, it's on your carriers website...

If you use one that is NOT, yes, it will work, but certain features may not, like the Browser. Then additional things have to be done to correct it (we have a thread on this)...

But, you get my point...
    08-29-07 10:24 PM
    Navilyn,

Thanks for the advice.

After reading what seemed like the whole internet I managed to backup everything (including my 3rd party apps). I got the latest OS, did the vendor.xml thing and installed.

Everything went smooth and I didn't have to restore all the data manually or do anything out of the ordinary (plus I learned a lot about my 8100 )

Unfortunately carriers in Argentina are years behind as far as technology goes. Their first release of an updated BB OS might come the same day Ford releases flying cars.
    09-06-07 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD