Hi, this is my first post.
    I live in the UK and I've recently bought a blackberry 8800 on ebay. It is on the Orange network but when I put my Orange sim card in it says "sim card rejected" on the screen. The guy I bought it from said it might need to be "unblocked". Although the phone is 2nd hand I don't think it's stolen, but if it was how could I tell? Is unblocking a phone legal and why do I need to do this if my phone chip is also Orange? If I get the phone unlocked will that mean it will work with other Orange sim cards as well as the one it is "locked" to right now?
    Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to all this!
    08-06-07 10:14 PM
    Are you saying the phone is branded from Orange and you are trying to use a SIM card from Orange. If so, you should not be getting that error unless you inserted the SIM card in wrong.

Now to your other question, unlocking your phone will allow you to use it on any GSM network.
    08-07-07 12:08 AM
    Hi thanks for the reply!
    Yeah, both my sim card and the phone are Orange branded. I'm pretty sure the sim card is inserted correctly. Might that message be an indication that the phone was stolen? (I'm probably just being paranoid, but I always think the worst when I buy things on ebay). Can't a phone be locked to a single sim card?
    08-07-07 05:16 AM
    Call Orange and check with them if it was stolen. It's a possibility with anything on eBay.
    08-07-07 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD