My husband & I both recently got the Sprint Curve 8330.
    Tonight, out of the blue, his alarmed. Sounded a bit like cowbell. We thought it was a message or something. Not only were there no new messages, but the sound it was making isn't one listed in the profiles. We both went through EVERY alarm, notifiation, & ring tone and it wasn't there.
    It "alarmed" quite a few times over the course of about an hour...then, mine started doing it!!
    WHAT IS THIS??
    If anyone knows...please tell me as it's driving us nuts trying to figure it out.
    Thanks!!!!
    12-07-08 12:23 AM
    Sounds like an email to me...

or text message.

Try sending each other both an email and sms and see what sound you hear when each arrives.

12-07-08 12:53 AM
    Sounds like an email to me...

or text message.

Try sending each other both an email and sms and see what sound you hear when each arrives.

Nope, we already checked all that. We had NO messages. We email, IM, & sms eachother a lot, so we are familiar w/ that.
    This was an alarm (cowbell-ish) that is nowhere for the choosing on our Curves. We really DON"T GET IT!
    12-07-08 10:07 AM
    So there was no kind of notification saying there was any messages of any kind? No symbols popped up? Do you have an alarm set or something?
    12-07-08 10:12 AM
    So there was no kind of notification saying there was any messages of any kind? No symbols popped up? Do you have an alarm set or something?
    Correct.
    We checked everything. No alarms, no messages, just a crazy cowbell!
    12-07-08 10:59 AM
    Hmmm, that is odd. Do you have any icons hidden at all? what about weather apps on your device? That could give you an alert...
    12-07-08 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD