Evening people

I had a Z10 when it first came out, loved the OS but hated the phone.

Anyway tomorrow is upgrade day and I cannot wait get get rid of my LG G3.

The two devices I'm torn between are the Classic and the Passport. I love the look of the classic it's beautiful but the passport just looks crazy. Like me, it's got no shape (no round isn't a shape!)

Here is what I want to use my phone for (and don't judge)

Facebook, Twitter, Intagram, Grindr, Tindr, Spotify, WhatsApp, Snapchat and YouTube.

I don't suppose anyone does use Grindr on their BB10 but if so, how does it run?

Does 10.3 handle apps quite well? Would the lower specs of the Classic handle the apps?
    06-15-15 05:30 PM
    You are talking about a BMW and a Volkswagen.

Get the Passport, Best phone going.
    06-15-15 06:38 PM
    But do I need those specs, the classic is so much easier on the eyes. The passport should come with a health and safety warning for sharp corners lol
    06-15-15 06:41 PM
    But do I need those specs, the classic is so much easier on the eyes. The passport should come with a health and safety warning for sharp corners lol

Lol the specs on the Passport are better, the classic would not be much more powerful than your Z10
    06-15-15 06:45 PM
    You've a valid point. That's shocking. Blackberry should have made the Classic with the same, or similar specs to the Passport.

How do android apps run on these with odd sized screens? I imagine the passport would look better due to its massively improved screen and higher pixel rate
    06-15-15 07:01 PM
    You've a valid point. That's shocking. Blackberry should have made the Classic with the same, or similar specs to the Passport.

How do android apps run on these with odd sized screens? I imagine the passport would look better due to its massively improved screen and higher pixel rate
    you should go play with one if you can, it takes a few days to get use to then you can't use anything else,
    06-15-15 07:25 PM
    I use a Z30, so I can't really comment on the aspect ratio of the Classic. Grindr has been a poor experience for me in the past. The app crashed a lot, so I don't use it. However, I have no problem with Scruff. Met a nice guy on there :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 07:34 PM
    I use a Z30, so I can't really comment on the aspect ratio of the Classic. Grindr has been a poor experience for me in the past. The app crashed a lot, so I don't use it. However, I have no problem with Scruff. Met a nice guy on there :-)

Posted via CB10
    Any chance you could re download it, as it's quite a big decider for me, see how the latest one runs?
    06-16-15 02:31 AM
    Wow no where in my City sells Blackberry, my local phone shop said their company no longer sell them as they went to business only.. Despite having them for sale on their website. Well... No Blackberry for me then.
    06-16-15 05:08 AM
    Wow no where in my City sells Blackberry, my local phone shop said their company no longer sell them as they went to business only.. Despite having them for sale on their website. Well... No Blackberry for me then.
    Amazon or shop blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 07:09 AM
    I'm going to order it from Carphone Warehouse on 02. Need to wait for my phone to be sold first though, then I'll have it delivered to my work for tomorrow or Friday
    06-16-15 07:22 AM
    Any chance you could re download it, as it's quite a big decider for me, see how the latest one runs?
    I'll try today
    06-19-15 03:34 PM
    Better, but keyboard not very responsive on Z30

Edit: keyboard seems fine now

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 05:32 PM
    Can't use Snapchat on blackberry

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 04:07 PM
    Passport dude! No comparison! At first I thought the Passport was so damn ugly! Then I held one! As I played with it, I realized I had to have it! Took about a week to get used to the shorter space bar but I have had it about 9 months now, over 100 apps are android, about 50 or so native and still never any lag! Guess 3 gigs of ram does the job! Best BlackBerry I ever had! Could never ever get a BlackBerry with a smaller screen! Held my old Q10 a few months after getting my Passport and it seemed like a toy!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-21-15 04:15 PM
    Got my passport today, after a long wait! Wonderful phone, will take me a while to get used to. I thought Google Apps worked so well with BB10 but they don't =[ endless issue, so I'm sending the phone back. When I had a Z10 ages ago, i had no issues with apps.
    06-22-15 07:02 PM
    Strange. Other than google services my pp rocks with Android apps. What issues are you having?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 05:19 PM