Hello Crackberry Fans. I currently own a Galaxy S3 Mini with Verizon. I am thinking about upgrading to a BB10 Device. I can't afford the Z30 so it is between the Z10 and Q10. I love the operating system but am afraid Blackberry won't exist in a couple of years. Any help would be appreciated. What are your thoughts and which device is better?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-09-14 11:51 AM
    I think they'll exist but even if the don't;

1. Your phone will still work.
    2. In two years your going to want a new phone anyway.
    BlackberryNerd and middbrew like this.
    03-09-14 11:58 AM
    Welcome!

Don't worry about the existence of BlackBerry, they are not going away so easily and will be here for a couple more years at least. Chen would never let BlackBerry go down without a fight at least and worst case scenario that the new devices don't work out, BlackBerry will keep going as a software company that should be able to keep supporting existing devices, but that is worst case scenario ofcourse

Regarding the choice of the Z10 and Q10, it depends on your needs. I normally see it like this
    Q10 if:
    -You type a lot and favour a physical keyboard
    -You do not mind a small screen
    -You favour battery life over a big screen

Z10 if:
    -You are more into playing games/media consumption
    -Willing to sacrifice battery life and a physical keyboard for the sake of a bigger screen (don't worry though, the BB10 virtual keyboard is the best one on the market)

In the end, it matters on what you like most and what suits you better. I recommend trying to get one to test out at your local carrier before making the big decision.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-09-14 12:03 PM
    Hello Crackberry Fans. I currently own a Galaxy S3 Mini with Verizon. I am thinking about upgrading to a BB10 Device. I can't afford the Z30 so it is between the Z10 and Q10. I love the operating system but am afraid Blackberry won't exist in a couple of years. Any help would be appreciated. What are your thoughts and which device is better?

Forget about BlackBerry not existing... their financial situation is in good hands with the new CEO. did you know about the additional android runtime in BB10?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 12:19 PM
    Seeing as you are coming from an S3 mini, you should Go for the Z10 it's has a bigger screen than the Q10 and most of the android apps work perfectly on it compared to the Q10. I have tried both and personally prefer the Q10 because of the keyboard and Battery
    03-09-14 12:28 PM
    Thanks for all the wonderful reaponses. Is it easy to load Android apps? I dont do social media but play some games and videos. Is there a big difference in battery life between the two devices?

03-09-14 12:39 PM
    It's a piece of cake to get android apps just download 1mobile market or amazon store or Sideload SNAP(native google play client) to install android apps ota. For games and Videos the Z10 is a clear winner, you can get a spare battery for the Z10
    03-09-14 12:46 PM
    Thanks for all the wonderful reaponses. Is it easy to load Android apps? I dont do social media but play some games and videos. Is there a big difference in battery life between the two devices?

Battery life for a Q10 and Z10 is not a massive issue if you have the battery combo pack. Both devices have removable batteries. If you want to load android apps easily you need the latest update and a third party app called Snap to download apks directly from Google Play.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 12:47 PM
    Thanks. I know the Z10 has been out for a while. Can anyone tell me how it wears over time versus the Z10? Soory for all the questions! I just want to make sure I get the right device for me.

03-09-14 02:55 PM
    Thanks. I know the Z10 has been out for a while. Can anyone tell me how it wears over time versus the Z10? Soory for all the questions! I just want to make sure I get the right device for me.

All my devices don't wear out because I take care of them and always put a case on them. So it's dependent on the user.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 03:08 PM
    Had my Z10 since launch day in the UK, and barring a couple of small scratches where I stupidly dropped it, still working as well (better actually with a 4500mah battery and 10.2.1) as the day I got it. Love it.

Tempted by a Z30 but also can't afford one right now.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 03:16 PM
    I'm a Z10 owner since last summer. It's nice in the hand. Holds up well in its holster. Screen is great and so is the keyboard. Android apps seem to be just fine (but honestly, I don't play a lot of games) . Video is really nice. I also find it intuitive and easy to learn and navigate.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 03:27 PM
    That is great. Now how about a great case for the Z10 I'm going to get! And maybe a bluetooth speaker?

03-09-14 03:57 PM
    That is great. Now how about a great case for the Z10 I'm going to get! And maybe a bluetooth speaker?

I personally use a black iSkin. It's easy to remove but protects and the lip around the edges protects the glass too. A good screen protector is necessary too.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 06:11 PM
    These devices are pretty tough too. A fall on the right spot might be disaster, but that holds true for any phone. I suggest protecting it, even if it is a cheaper case. Just protect it. The Q10 is a great device. Amazing battery performance and solid keyboard. The metal trim around the sides makes this device hard to destroy from accidental drops. Which I have done on several occasions. Mostly on hardwood flooring though. As for the Z10 I'm currently using. I bought it used for cheap and it looks like it has taken several severe beatings and each corner is dented in in at least one spot. The battery cover is bent out of shape and kind of pops out on one side. The screen has a few dead pixels, which is barely noticeable and still looks good. This thing has taken a beating from its previous owner and it is still going strong. Works perfectly. Battery life takes some getting used to coming from a Q10 but it is worth having a larger screen for media and games. Q10 has a much better external speaker than the Z10 and also offers Miracast capability and an FM radio receiver which is not offered on the Z10. Hope you like them. I sure do.
    03-09-14 06:34 PM
    Thank you so much. That is what is so great about Blackberry. It's not just a phone. It's a device to keep you connected to what is important. It is also a community of fans and support. I am so glad I found Crackberry and can't wait till I have my shiny new Z10!

03-09-14 08:10 PM
    Welcome, and I'm sure you will love the Z10!
    03-09-14 08:19 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! I too think you will love the Z10.
    03-09-14 08:35 PM
    Thank you and very much lokking forward to it. Any advice on how to get started with my new device? Any great news apps? Games?

03-09-14 09:00 PM
    Hello Christopher & welcome to Crackberry! If your intention is to get a BB10 device, you should go with your heart; don't let people, especially sales reps, sway you away from choosing the device you want. You will love both the physical keyboard and the virtual keyboard of BB10!

As other members have suggested, think carefully about which device you'd prefer that fits your daily needs the most and go for it. If you go for the Z10, I strongly suggest to get the extra battery & charger bundle if you're a heavy user. I used to have the Z10 and on heavy usage, the battery could last about 5~6 hours but if I use it moderately, it would last a whole day. I haven't used the Q10 so I don't know how the battery with will last on heavy usage.

I know that the Z30 is a bit out of budget for you so you probably won't go for it as you've mentioned. I have switched from the Z10 to Z30 and I must say the battery lasts me a little more than twice that of the Z10.

Installing Android apps is a snap! You can sideload the app called Snap and you're good to go (there are some apps that won't work with the Q10 1:1 screen ratio though) .

http://crackberry.com/how-use-snap-b...roid-apk-files

Let us know the good news ok!

Thank you and very much lokking forward to it. Any advice on how to get started with my new device? Any great news apps? Games?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 09:33 PM
    If you are used to all touch then Z10.

I agree with others that BlackBerry won't be gone in a couple of years. But they might stop making any consumer type phones. And perhaps stop making any phones period depending on how 2014 plays out for them.

Buy it for what it is (which is very nice IMO). Not for something you are expecting it to become.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-10-14 01:46 AM
    Thank you very much. I am really looking forward to trying out BB10. It seems very intuitive and easy to navigate. I also really love the sleek look of the Z10. I want something that just works, keeps me connecred and helps me get things done. With a little fun on the side! I also appreciate all you reaching out to help me feel welcome and give me such good advice. I am happy I found Crackberry. I am also looking forward to what Chen and company have plabned next.

03-10-14 08:58 AM
    Hi Again Fans

I went to the Verizon store today to check out both devices. It seems like the Q10 has a bit better build quality than the Z10. I am still leaning toward the Z10 but am a bit hesitant due to the glass weave back and what seems to me to be an overall better build in the Q10. Any thoughts?
    03-10-14 08:47 PM
    The glass weave back feels really good after having used my Z30 for a few months . I was uncomfortable at first because I used to love the back of the Z10 but I feel the glass weave gives a more premium look to the device. I haven't held a Q10 so I don't know if it feels like the Z30 or not.

I use this case that I've bought on ebay, which covers around the edges of my Z30 only because I love to feel back of the phone while the case still provides great protection too.

Thinking about BB10 Device-img_20140311_005829.png
    It costs only $1.99 - delivery took a few weeks but it's the best case I've bought for my Z30.

Hi Again Fans

I went to the Verizon store today to check out both devices. It seems like the Q10 has a bit better build quality than the Z10. I am still leaning toward the Z10 but am a bit hesitant due to the glass weave back and what seems to me to be an overall better build in the Q10. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 12:03 AM