Does anyone know if there is a shortcut to change my Blackberry 8320 profiles. I want a quick button that puts my phone onto silent, as its really annoying having to go into my profile setting everytime I want to quickly put my phone onto silent.
    08-29-08 04:56 AM
    Do you use the Vibrate profile very often?
    If not: Why don't you just set up your vibrate profile to actually act as a "Silent" profile would behave and then just use the Vibrate hotkey instead
    08-29-08 05:17 AM
    What I do is turn off dialing from home screen. When I want to change profiles, I press the F key which brings up all the profiles. Then I choose whatever one I need. Two clicks - takes 1.8 seconds.
    08-29-08 09:50 AM
    I tried pressing the F key but that doesnt work.

Can you tell me where to find the vibrate hot key !!!!!!
    08-29-08 11:32 AM
    You have to turn off dialing from the home screen:

Green call button, menu key, options, general options.
    08-29-08 11:42 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 11:48 AM
    I have turned off the dialling from home screen. The F key still does not work and I still dont know where the vibrate hot key is !!!!
    08-29-08 12:11 PM
    Hmmm. That's strange that your F key doesn't bring up your profiles. Try a soft reset; if that doesn't work, try a battery pull.
    08-29-08 12:14 PM
    Yep that worked. Thank you.

I have another question actually. I have many MP3 songs that wont play all the way through, when set as ringtones. Do you think putting them onto my media card would make them play all the way through, as they are currently set up on my phone. I would really appreciate it if you can help me with this, as I dont really have a clue what Im doing!!!!
    08-29-08 12:25 PM
    Glad it's working for ya!

The entire songs won't play when somebody calls. It will ring until somebody picks up, or the voice mail comes on.

Read the forums when you have some free time. They really help. And check out the "Newbies" tab near the top of the site. Doing these two things have helped me tremendously in learning my Curve.

Welcome and enjoy!
    Last edited by 49ways; 08-29-08 at 12:32 PM.
    08-29-08 12:29 PM
    Yep that worked. Thank you.

I have another question actually. I have many MP3 songs that wont play all the way through, when set as ringtones. Do you think putting them onto my media card would make them play all the way through, as they are currently set up on my phone. I would really appreciate it if you can help me with this, as I dont really have a clue what Im doing!!!!
    Oh, and move all downloaded songs, ringtones, wallpapers, and pictures to the media card. You want to limit how much stuff you store in device memory to keep your phone running optimally.
    Last edited by 49ways; 08-29-08 at 12:58 PM.
    08-29-08 12:37 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

• Do not ever put any of your current rintones on the Media Card. Keep them in Device Memory. Keep all other music on the Media Card. Also keep your current wallpaper in Device Memory.
    • Keep all ringtones too less than 1Mb or you will slow down the reponse time as well as using up memory.
    • A quick way to access Profiles is to flick the trackball to the right from the home screen when either using a Today, Zen or L theme and clicking the traackball. This does not work with the icon theme because it does not have a home screen.
    08-29-08 12:56 PM
    Brilliant info guys. Thanks for all your help, I know where to come in future if I have any more stupid questions !!
    08-29-08 03:11 PM
    You can set a shortcut for the sound profiles.

- Go to OPTIONS
    - Screen/Keyboard
    - Either choose Right or Left Side Convience Key Opens:
    - Choose "Profiles"
    - Save

Now when you use either the Right or Left buttons on your Curve, it opens the sound profiles.
    01-21-09 01:10 PM
    hi i hav a blackberry curve 8320 u nw wen u send a meesage to sum1 and it show ur balance well my fone gives this beep soun and i want to tun it off hw do i do dat
    12-23-09 03:18 PM
    holding Q puts it into vibrate mode.
    01-04-10 04:46 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a shortcut to change my Blackberry 8320 profiles. I want a quick button that puts my phone onto silent, as its really annoying having to go into my profile setting everytime I want to quickly put my phone onto silent.
    I'm not sure if this helps but on my phone (bb9700) I can switch my profile to "silent" by pressing and holding the pound key (#) when on the home screen..hope it helps

01-01-12 02:45 PM

Oops one correction apparantly it switches between ur current profile to ur last profile used
    Eg: if my phone was on silent and then I put it on vibrate, then when I press the # key it'll switch from vibrate back to silent
    Similiarly if it were on loud and I switched to vibrate, then holding the # key (while its on vibrate) would cause it to switch back to loud

01-01-12 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD