When Im at home or near a PC, I do not *need* to receive emails on my BB curve, but when Im out, vacation etc etc, I would.

Is there an option to turn off/on email on the phone? Id like the option
    09-05-08 09:31 AM
    yes, you can go into messages, blackberry options key, options, email settings, send email to handheld, change to no, escape and save
    09-05-08 09:42 AM
    all I have under email settings is confirm delivery
    confirm read and send read recepts..hmmmm
    09-05-08 09:48 AM
    hi Rachel... i took a vacation 2 months ago & went out of the country...emails, texts, browser access should be turned off if you dont want to incurr roaming charges from your vendor.

i did two things:
    to turn off the data services....go to Options>mobile network>data svc ...and this shld give you the option to turn off/on the data services.
    (you have a diff BB & carrier than i do so you may need to play with it)

2d to stop the push email:
    go to the Blackberry Internet Service site (i assume you use BIS & was registered when you got your BB) & at this site it will list all the email addresses you have BB sending emails to the device. you can turn on/off individual accounts or all of them.

Good luck...... i called my vendor & didnt get any real good info so i searched Crackberry & the BIS site & figured it out on my own.
    09-05-08 10:38 AM
    Thanks, I am using hotmail, so I found the place for Mobile Network.. so.. if I turn this setting to off, amd I still able to sent texts/call and use the browser? or does it cut all that too
    09-05-08 10:42 AM
    mobile network turns off your data service like the browser access (that's my understanding).....texts & browser are data so that would be turned off but not the phone.

did you go to the bis site? i dont use hotmail.....I have all my diff email accts set up under that BIS site so if/whn i need to turn off the email push to my phone i can go there to temp stop it.

hope this was useful
    09-05-08 11:07 AM
    just make sure under mobile network that it says "data services" if you only want to turn that off
    09-05-08 11:09 AM
    yeah I looked at the BIS site, there isnt a disable or On?off option, just delete.
    09-05-08 11:47 AM
    if you registered your hotmail account to automatically be pushed to your BB then you sign on to the BIS site....it will list all your accounts....there should be an "edit" "filter" and "delete"....USE the "filter" option....it will go then give you two radio button options...either turn on filter or off....OFF is when you dont want the emails pushed to your BB...hope this helps
    09-05-08 12:24 PM
    Ohhhhhhhh, I just looked again LOL apparently I had my eyes closed the first time I was in there

I see

Forward Msgs to device
    Do Not forward Msgs to Device

LOL thank you!

Im assuming I can access this thru t zones too.
    09-05-08 01:15 PM
    you're welcome! imagine me a not so newbie helping a newbie!!!

dont think you can go thru Tzones cuz that's a Tmobile specific set of stuff as i recall....

i'm headed off to a dental appt...enjoy your weekend
    09-05-08 02:09 PM
    You too!
    I had a dentist apt yesterday LOL

Good luck
    09-05-08 02:10 PM
    If messages services are turned off temporarily by any of these methods and then turned on later, will all messages not sent while off be sent?

I would really like to find a way to turn off work email while home at night and on weekends.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD