Hello all!

I have a Blackberry 8830 and IBM Thinkpad laptop.

I am wondering if it is possible to �synch� the phone with Outlook for calendar/apointment/contact info so you dont have to physically connect the phone to the computer and run the synch program.

The phone has Bluetooth but the laptop does not.

So I don�t know if there is an internal card or usb type of thing you can buy to add to the laptop that will give it Bluetooth capability so the phone and computer can do the synch thing without having to remember to physically hook them together and run program. (looking to just have this do its thing automatically w/out hooking the phone up the cable and running synch program)

I know there are tons of UBS devices that you can plug into a laptop to give it bluetooth capability but i am not sure if this could do what I need or if it is only to listen to music and transfer pictures and such...?

Is the only way to get e-mails and calendar to sync, while not connected physically to a computer, is via BES???

I greatly appreciate any help or advise, thanks so much, what a great site!!

-Jennifer
    09-26-08 08:20 AM
    Pretty much if you want Outlook.

You could use Google to sync to Google then go on your PC to sync with Google at a later time.
    09-28-08 01:33 AM
    Pretty much if you want Outlook.

You could use Google to sync to Google then go on your PC to sync with Google at a later time.
    cant they just sync the bb to their work desk top .....
    09-28-08 02:56 AM
    You might want to try a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the USB port. Here is a link to Tiger Direct. They have one for $6.97. I am sure you can get them anywhere.

Bluetooth Adapter V2.0 - USB 2.0 MG01-0129-00 at TigerDirect.com
    10-04-08 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD