I currently have an iphone but I am willing to give up the awesome Safari web browser for the tons of other features the BB has.. push email, copy and paste, full qwerty keyboard, native IM clients, etc..

Any suggestions on which unit to get? I am currently with AT&T but I am debating buying an unlocked one on ebay.. I am leaning toward an 8320 (unlocked from T-mobile) or something in the 8800 series.. Are there any issues with buying an unlocked phone (from T-Mobile for example) on ebay and using it with AT&T?

Another thing that is making me want to wait is all the talk about the BB 9000. The device looks amazing and it will have 3G, faster processor, more memory, etc.. Do you all think this is something I should wait for, or should I get a BB now and then upgrade later? I mean.. if its coming out in a month or so I can wait, but if its going to be like 6 months or more, then I will probably just get one now and upgrade later to the 9000.

Have any of you switched from owning an iphone? If so, do you like it better?
    05-11-08 03:44 AM
    the 9000 is a great device(judging from kevins reviews) but who know when exactly its gonna be out... i have an 8320 and i love it, everything works amazing and when the new 4.5 OS is released you will have a better browser with a cursor and it seems to work faster... i think you should get one now cuz it wont count as an upgrade if you get it off ebay and then upgrade once you can get your hands on a 9000... btw what do you wanna get rid of that iphone for? my sister is looking at getting one and i can unlock it at work
    05-11-08 03:48 AM
    thanks for the reply. as for getting rid of the iphone I am not quite sure. its an 8gb version and it has been babied ever since I got it. I have the slimmest black rubberized case available (from Seidioonline.com) and have kept an anti-glare screen protector from the Apple store on it since day one. I'll have to check what the going rate on ebay is for that.. if I were to sell it, it would come with everything included in the original box (including the box), plus an extra screen protector and the seidio case.
    Last edited by guamishkind; 05-11-08 at 03:56 AM.
    05-11-08 03:54 AM
    i pm'd you
    05-11-08 03:56 AM
    Or you can also wait for the 3g iPhone to hit in June. Should have all those shortcomings you mentioned, except copy and paste in which I don't know about.

QWERTY keyboard, I guess you meant physical versus touch...
    05-12-08 11:38 PM
    I'd definitely wait for the 9000, that way you can make a BOLD statement with your new phone to your friends. Just my$0.02 worth.
    Welcome to the Crack!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 04:28 PM
    I myself have just switched from the iPhone and I'm loving my BB so far no complaints but that you have to have a memory card and get use to using a keyboard besides that its great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 04:39 PM
    Welcome.............
    05-14-08 07:35 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. You can never go wrong with a Curve
    05-14-08 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD