Hi All
    As a newbie, I already apologise if these questions have been answered somewhere before. Please bear with me.

I've had my crackberry for a couple of months now and something strange is happening every so often...

1) My SMS messages just disappear. All except for one that I received back in July, a business card that was sent to me. Each time my texts disappear, this one stays. Just this morning two people sent me a text and I sent one to someone and none of these messages showed up, not received or sent.

2) My facebook application suddenly shows "no messages". I can even have the little red star tell me I have a new facebook message, open the app and voila no messages.

3) My call log will suddenly be empty. Kind of a bummer when someone's called and you want to add them to your address book, only to find out the call log is empty.

The first time this happened I checked my "mass storage mode" - it was still on, as I had put some MP3's on the phone that morning. I turned it off (after fiddling with a few other options, someone suggested this one to me and it solved the problem, or so it seemed...). Now, I just don't know. It's annoying. And frustrating. I'm not the most technical person in the world, so if anyone can give me an idea of what is going on, I would really appreciate it!

Many thanks!
    Ren�e
    10-01-08 03:04 AM
    your phone is out of memory so it deletes things like that to try to gain back memory do a search for file free and you'll find a post to fix this issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 03:52 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ here's a link

Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-01-08 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Correct link
    10-01-08 03:53 AM
    ok not a link but there's the url

10-01-08 03:56 AM
    You want at least 12,000,000 bytes of file free memory for your BB to function correctly. To check this go to Options>Status>File Free

10-01-08 03:59 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Those are indeed classic symptoms of low memory.

It happens to all of us, fortunatly the solution is at hand.

Follow the above posted link and use the "Better" instructions with CrackMem for best results.

10-01-08 10:57 AM
    Many thanks guys - am going to have my boyfriend (the more technical one) have a look and help me out with your suggestions!

appreciate the responses!
    10-01-08 01:10 PM
    welcome to cb anyway!
    10-01-08 01:41 PM
    bummer but Reed McLay and masterdnater are correct fix that memory loss with that link'
    and for the most of it welcome to cb and hope your bb gets better for ya
    10-01-08 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD