I have a curve 8310 that was thru AT and T. I had the phone unlocked due to going to T-MO, well I want the 5 circles and T-MO stuff. Spoke with T-mo's bb help staff and the rep said that it was possible to remove something on my phone so that I would be able to download there stuff. She mentioned to go to forums and somebody might know. Any help. I wanna play with the circles !!!!!!!! .

Thanks bunches !!!!!!!!!

Japawaiian
    09-24-08 08:39 PM
    You will need tmo's myfaves software on the device - I'm not sure that this can be accomplished with an att phone..?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 08:40 PM
    I don't think it is possible. You would need the my faves module installed to your phone. Which I don't believe is possible because TMO doesn't sell the 8310, and the OS is device specific. So since there is no TMO 8310 OS, the module from an 8320 may not be compatible.
    09-24-08 08:43 PM
    If the phone came out of the store as an AT&T device then it will only ever load AT&T software tools. It will not load T-Mobile stuff like MyFaves.

The reason for this is that at manufacture time each phone is branded with a carrier number (AT&T=102, T-Mobile=100). This number defines which carrier software gets included ate Operating System load time. There is no way to remove or to change this coded number. It is there for the phones life.

This btw, has nothing to do with SIM unlocking.

Regrettably the only way that you will get full T-Mobile functionality is to get yourself a T-Mobile branded BlackBerry.
    09-24-08 08:46 PM
    4. Edit Blackberry.alx & LBS.alx. Before we plug in the device and remove anything we don't want lets make a few modifications for themes. You can add all the different vendor's themes to your device if you like, including the TMobile MyFaves application/theme. However, I don't recommend leaving them all on your device at one time. There is a method of editing a file called "Blackberry.alx" so that these other themes will be loaded to the device. Each carrier has their own vendor code. For example TMobile's is 100. AT&T's is 102. These codes are written into the device and can't be changed. This is how Desktop Manager knows what brand of device you have and loads the OS appropriately. If we leave everything as is, then AT&T theme will be loaded to the AT&T devices but not to, say, TMobile's devices. We can edit the Blackberry.alx so that the desktop Manager will load any or all of the themes. If you have an AT&T device we can edit the LBS.alx file so that Blackberry Maps will be loaded (AT&T doesn't load BBMaps to their devices. They want you to purchase a mapping software. However, we can load BBMaps easily to an AT&T device.) Also, if you have an AT&T device it will have PTT (push to talk) preloaded on it. This is great if you use PTT but if you don't use it it only takes up valuable memory space. We're going to make some simple edits to remove PTT and add themes.

I think this will work with an upgrade on the OS
    09-24-08 08:55 PM
    Now not so fast guys. I have a SunCom 8110 and have T-zones. Now this is just speculation so give me some latitude here. Could the op not download the 4.5 os from T-mo Netherlands or Germany, both of which have the os for the 8310 on there download site and leave the My-Favs in the os? I haven't tried because I don't have a My-faves plan.
    09-24-08 09:00 PM
    I'm not sure what the customer service rep was talking about but 3083joe, and pltaylor seem to be talking what the rep was saying, she said that it was possible but there was something that had to be removed. Of course she couldn't say but she was chatten about crackberry lol. I don't want to do something too screw the phone and I don't really want too fork aout the flow for T-MO's curve. But I just might have too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD