I went today and got my Curve....and I love it. Thanks to all for the advice and input. I ended up with a Verizon Curve 8330 in pink with the soft touch hard case in pink, car charger and 2GB memory card for 150. I think I did pretty good thanks to knowing the rep socially and my company discount.

I do have one small question.... Someone I know with a BB found an option somewhere on their settings that allowed for a color changing trackball. Anyone know where I can find this setting?

BTW....according to my rep today, he feels that the 199 price tag people are claiming on the Storm is way low. He said there are too many features on it to have that price. Something about global roaming and the upgraded camera and "some other high end options". Anyway, his guesstimate is in the 350 area WITH 2 year contract. Im glad I went with the Curve.
    10-20-08 11:47 PM
    Well congrats on your new Curve!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 11:56 PM
    Welcome aboard!

10-21-08 12:17 AM
    welcome to cb!!
    10-21-08 12:17 AM
    Congrats on your new BB and welcome!. The color pearl app is only available for the 8100 Pearl. It does not work on the Curve. However, if you are feeling adventurous, check out this link. It will give you a step by step on coloring your trackball. At your own risk

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hav...all-yet-46755/

Last edited by cain0013; 10-21-08 at 12:41 AM.
    10-21-08 12:27 AM
    I'm curious if theyres a way to change the trackball also.

Only way I've seen it is with a marker (not happening) or only done on the Pearl.

10-21-08 12:30 AM
    Yes there is some kind of software and trick to colour change your trackball. Try a few different search sets here on Crackberry as there's been quite a bit of discussions on the subject. Ikm mobile now so I cankt help you search right now. Maybe someone else will post here with a link to one of the discussion threads that covers that.

Curve, very nice, small and curvey. You'll love it and you'll luv it even more with the help of Crackberry.

Welcome

10-21-08 12:31 AM
    Sorry guys. The first link I posted was cr@p, but I edited it. The new link will give you several different ways to color your trackball; if you are brave.

10-21-08 12:49 AM
    i would just leave your trackball the way it is. its a pain to take it out and color the light or color the ball.
    welcome to crackberry
    10-21-08 01:37 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Your one stop shop for all your addiction needs!
    11-01-08 06:03 PM
    Congrats on your curve. I hope you really enjoy it.
    11-01-08 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD