okay so i have had my curve for a little longer than a week. I cannot figure out my username and password for the email settings for anything as I have tried everything. Also I was wondering how to set it up so that i recieve my work emails through outlook onto my phone. I have gmail as my default email and my outlook is supposed to forward to gmail. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be awesome!
    11-08-08 01:54 AM
    You have to log into the BIS website from your PC and create a username and password, and set up your email from there. There's a sticky thread somewhere that lists all the BIS websites for each carrier.

I'm assuming here you have the phone on your personal line, and it wasn't issued through work. If it was, disregard everything I said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 03:36 AM
    If your gmail is already going to the device you have the BIS log in already, I bet the reps at the store set it up for you. Call US Cell and ask them for your login and a temp password. Then login to the BIS site and set a filter for your outlook mail to forward to the gmail.
    11-08-08 10:04 AM
    Welcome to CB! I'd love to help, but I'm having the same problem with Outlook and a web-based email account! I'll follow-up if I get my problem resolved. Nice choice of phone!
    11-08-08 10:05 AM
    welcome to crackberry!!
    11-08-08 10:47 AM
    Outlook is very flexible, there are several way to set it up with your BlackBerry.

If your email is provided by a dedicated server, like most business email, you can set up to check for mail regularly. I use a 5 minute interval.

If you set up your BlackBerry to access the same email account, it will check every 15 minutes by default. The difference is, BlackBerry will leave the original for Outlook to download and clear.

When I am out of the office, I disable "Send/Receive" on Outlook, everything comes to my BlackBerry, but is saved for retrieval on Outlook.

Next is Gmail. I use that for news 'bots. When ever they find a news item that matches my interests, it is sent to Gmail and instantly forwarded to my BlackBerry, not Outlook.

Finally, there is your BlackBerry account. Anything forwarded to that account will instantly arrive on your device while leaving a copy on file with Outlook.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 11-08-08 at 11:05 AM.
    11-08-08 10:53 AM
    A lot of employers do not allow automatic forwarding. I had lost my BES device and wanted my Outlook to forward the emails to my personal email and it never went through.

Check with your local IT dept and see if it is allowed.
    11-08-08 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD