This may be a silly question, but...here goes nothing...

I was wondering if there is a program that can be added to the BB Curve to increase the length of a SMS?

I have Verizon as a provider and when I am composing a SMS I am limited to 160 characters. There are times when I have more to type and I need to send the first message and then open another to finish typing what I was typing before.

I think the iPhone, or maybe it is a different provider, you can type everything you have to type and then it will send out as many messages as necessary at the 160 character length.

Any help or ideas would be great.

Thank,

Jeremy
    11-10-08 04:36 PM
    Nope its up to your carrier your only option is email or pin messages because they are unlimited

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 04:58 PM
    I have Verizon as well. I am far from being a knowledgable person on this topic but from experimenting in the store it appears you can send mms messages over 160 from a blackberry to a non blackberry verizon phone. The recipiant will receive it as if they were receiving a picture/video message but all the text is there. When they reply to this message the blackberry receives it no problem.
    11-11-08 12:54 AM
    Thanks for the tip MMaggio!
    11-11-08 05:20 AM
    I will have to give the MMS idea a try. Thanks for the tip!
    11-11-08 10:11 AM
    That's the only way you'll be able to do that is via MMS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 10:19 AM
    ...email...
    11-11-08 11:47 AM
    I have Verizon as well. I am far from being a knowledgable person on this topic but from experimenting in the store it appears you can send mms messages over 160 from a blackberry to a non blackberry verizon phone. The recipiant will receive it as if they were receiving a picture/video message but all the text is there. When they reply to this message the blackberry receives it no problem.
    Thanks for this tip! My friend has AT&T and she can send really long texts and it is so frustrating when trying to answer her and be limited to 160. Usually we use BBM, but when she is at work we text (not sure why she does that other than that she doesn't want to keep the app open.....)
    11-12-08 11:29 PM
    Thanks for this tip! My friend has AT&T and she can send really long texts and it is so frustrating when trying to answer her and be limited to 160. Usually we use BBM, but when she is at work we text (not sure why she does that other than that she doesn't want to keep the app open.....)
    Most likely your friend has an LG I got friends with those things and I get what they send in 3 or more messages. SMS means Short Message System that's why most phones put a 160 character limit, but LG wanted to be different for some reason.
    11-13-08 12:00 AM
    BTW Jewpt,

Welcome to the CB family! As you can see - you're surrounded by friends!
    11-13-08 08:40 AM
    Thank you for the welcome and for all of the tips.

A follow up question to eeyorestay comment on BBM...

Can you BBM with someone who does not have a blackberry? Luvitlo said that your friend most likely has an LG...I would love to be able to BMM with other friends that don't have blackberrys.

Thanks again for the warm welcome to the site and for all of the ideas...

Love the site!!!
    11-13-08 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD