... thinking of buying my first blackberry and went to see the bold at a local orange dealer... I have to say I was a little taken aback by its size!!.. significantly large - safe to say these are not trouser pocket devices!?!

I am not sure you could even put the thing in a shirt pocket without looking like a plonker?

I love the functionality but what are the practicalities of their size?? the smaller BBs dont interest me as I am attracted by the proper keyboard - just large large large!!!!
    08-22-08 12:27 PM
    It depends on how you use it! LOL

I thought it looked big in all the pictures.
    08-22-08 12:29 PM
    safe to say these are not trouser pocket devices!?!
    Guess you need bigger pants.
    08-22-08 12:31 PM
    If you have any doubts rather you wait for the Javelin, you would love that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 12:37 PM
    is that a lot smaller then? havent seen the specs.

One other thing that bothered me was that the bold on display (no doubt a dummy) - at least 5 of the keys were missing - arent these manufactured the same way but without the insides? just worried me slightly about quality
    08-22-08 12:43 PM
    Yes the javelin is quite a bit smaller

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 12:48 PM
    is that a lot smaller then? havent seen the specs.

One other thing that bothered me was that the bold on display (no doubt a dummy) - at least 5 of the keys were missing - arent these manufactured the same way but without the insides? just worried me slightly about quality
    damn...i am soooo stupid.. just been rechecking the photos on the orange site and just realised thephone I was handling was the curve not the bold - they must not have had a demo/dummy bold!!!!.. arrrghh

I realise that they are the same size but that might contribute to my unexpected feeling that it didnt look as good in the flesh!.. Would also explain the missing keys as its probably been around for some time.

Oh dear.. means I have to hunt around for one.

WHats peoples opinions on UK supplier? Obviously can get on Orange just now with a special promo for "unlimited" email and browsing but would it better to hold of for a different carrier? Is there likely to be a substantially cheaper tarrif? PLus with Orange I get 2-for-1 cinema tickets

sorry for all the newbie questions.. itching to buy.. should I scratch?
    08-22-08 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD