hey all,
    well, i think my bberry has gone suicidal on me as it deletes all my sms, emails and call log every few hours!! it s sooo annoying and odd!!
    any ideas why, suggestions!

cheers!
    09-25-08 11:37 AM
    Lol - this question has been asked a million times in a million different forms.. I have to say, your post is by far my favourite.

Go to Options>Status and check your file free. You have low memoury and will need to take steps to remedy this issue. Try a search for memoury optimization.
    09-25-08 11:39 AM
    ok, so it s not about to jump off the edge then!! yeah it saids file free 0 bytes.... what do i need to delete if anything!!??
    09-25-08 11:45 AM
    09-25-08 11:47 AM
    You have a lack of memory problem. There are fixes. Go to Options, Ststus and note the File Free number. Its in bytes so divide by 1 million to get Mb. You need about 12Mb for good daily running or the BlackBerry will start deleting stuff just to keep itself running.

Note the File Free number for comparison later.

Remove the battery for 30 secs or so and put it back. Once the re-boot is complete, check the file free number again.

Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and scroll down to the BlackBerry Sample Video. Press Menu and select Delete. You just got 2Mb memory back. Again check the File Free number. It should be getting bigger.

Have a look at this post (as sunkast suggests) How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory. It is a very good tutorial on memory management.

Get familiar with your phone and come back her if you need more help.
    09-25-08 12:03 PM
    Yea curveman u have a memory leak i had tht same issue and was wondering was my phone defect or something but listen to thm just free up some space.
    welcome to crackberry
    09-29-08 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD