I just bought a BB 8830 w/ Verizon and I am having problems with the ringtone volume. You can hardly hear the music and I was wondering which ringtone files provide the best quality and is there a setting in the phone that is keeping the volume low? I turned the phone to Loud and the ringtones are still hard to hear.

Help?
    Mari
    01-14-08 12:16 PM
    i own the verizon pearl, so i don't know if this will work for you, but here goes anyway:

see if this helps:

go to profiles. scroll down and click on "advanced." click on "loud." scroll down and click on "phone." on this screen, i have two settings options - "in holster" and "out of holster." they both have volume level options. try changing those, and maybe that will help. when you do, be sure to hit the menu button and "save" your changes before exiting this screen.

my default volume level here is medium, maybe yours is too? i have seen this issue addressed elsewhere, maybe you can search the forums if you haven't already and will find the answer. like i said, i own a pearl, but maybe it's the same for your berry. either way, good luck and welcome!
    01-15-08 12:27 PM
    well that may help but there seems to be a problem with the 8830's and the ringtone volume i have kinda the same problem and i dont know how to fix it yet.
    01-15-08 12:35 PM
    The problem seems to be the verizon,i had a 8830,i also have tried the volume on other bb models on different carriers including my curve and the volume were all louder than the 8830 on VZW,they tried a patch to fix it and it didnt work,the only way is to get a pearl or switch carriers,i did.
    01-15-08 12:56 PM
    yep. others are having a problem, according to this thread i found:

Ring Tone Volume! You have to read.......

good luck.
    01-15-08 12:58 PM
    01-15-08 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD