Hello,
    I currently have a pearl 8100...my contract with Tmobile is not up for another year. I am tired of the pearl and want to switch to a curve for the remainder of my term.By the time my term is up Blackberry should have some new devices for me to choose from.
    I have purchased a curve from a friend of mine that is fairly new and works great for her, however when I back my pearl to my computer and try to restore the information to the curve it goes half way and the curve reboots itself and loses contact with the software making it impossible to complete the restore process.
    I am thinking there is something on my pearl that is not compatible with the curve and causes it to freak out! i also have a 1 gig memory card with lots of ringtones and pictures along with some videos. Someone please help me! I am losing sleep! I have tried deleting the desktop manager and starting fresh with no results, I have tried it on a different computer, still no luck!

Thanks,
    Elaine
    12-01-08 07:35 PM
    try using the switch device wizard and also make sure you have the os software for the curve downloaded to your pc also
    12-01-08 07:36 PM
    I would have to connect both devices to the pc at one time? how would i download the os software to my pc? sorry,I dont mean to sound stupid!
    12-01-08 07:45 PM
    go to the my.t-mobile.com website and download the handheld software for the curve (you will have to switch your device on the website to the curve to see the software) hook up your pearl first then run the switch device wizard then you will hook up your curve
    12-01-08 07:58 PM
    should i delete 3rd party aps? could that be causeing the problem>?
    12-01-08 08:07 PM
    ya it's a possibility delete those and then just re install them on your curve
    12-02-08 01:20 AM
    im a little confused about the curve software. Are you talking about desktop manager? I have version 4.6
    12-02-08 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD