Hi guys,

I'm getting ready to get a new phone and wanted to give my old Curve to someone else. How do I wipe it clean or reset it so that no information is on the phone when I give it away? Is there a way to erase all information so that it's like it was when I first received it?

Thanks
    Kan
    10-07-08 07:57 PM
    Go to Options>Security Options>General Settings, hit Menu>Wipe Handheld

This should do it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 08:12 PM
    Either before or after wiping out the device like skullgame45 mentions, you need to remove your email accounts from the BIS servers. Press the Menu key and click on the icon for Email Settings on the list of applications and follow the onscreen prompts. Don't sell or give your device away until you have wiped the device and removed your email accounts.
    10-07-08 08:16 PM
    i hope you are getting another blackberry. lol
    10-07-08 08:29 PM
    Dear CeluGeek, skullgame45

I changed the account to get it repaired. Use an old lg vx8700 temporarily. This in turn changed my plan to a NO DATA plan. Now I cannot log into the bis server site.

Would I still need to get the information off the site. For instance, get the phone repaired, then reinstall all software, then change my plan on the account again. Or if I give the phone to a family member, will all the information be available to them.

I am very new at this, so bear with me. Damned curve is awesome.

KD
    10-13-08 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD