Woohoo! I just learned that there is a BBM app for Android and a BBM app for Apple (I have an iPod Touch)
    This is going to be sah-weet!!!!
    06-01-14 10:42 AM
    You really are going to love it.
    The new OS is so choice.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    Evilguppy likes this.
    06-01-14 10:50 AM
    You really are going to love it.
    The new OS is so choice.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    Well... I used to love my old Curve, back in my T-Mobile days. I know the new OS is nothing like that so learning it should cause a copious amount of pulled hair and swear words, lol. But I'm game. I have to be.
    06-01-14 11:00 AM
    Wait for classic or windermere.

Mr A Hanif BlackBerry10
    06-01-14 11:03 AM
    That sounds also like a good idea, the new Q20 or whatever they'll call it. The BlackBerry 10 OS is an advanced and stable system. None of the probs like Android. Have had berries since the 9300 Curve all the way up to the Z10. Using the 30 now. Great keyboard, good battery life, kinda large to carry around. Still use my 9900 as a backup. Get a new BlackBerry 10 phone and you'll not regret it.

Cheers to all BlackBerry fans out there, John

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 11:20 AM
    Woohoo! I just learned that there is a BBM app for Android and a BBM app for Apple (I have an iPod Touch)
    This is going to be sah-weet!!!!
    Not to dampen your enthusiasm but one of the sticking points of BBM is that your BlackBerry ID is tied to one and one device only. You'll need to either switch it over to the device you're using every time or create two separate ID's - one for your ipod and the other for your BlackBerry. Just throwing it out there.

I still love BBM. :-)

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    Evilguppy likes this.
    06-01-14 12:34 PM
    Not to dampen your enthusiasm but one of the sticking points of BBM is that your BlackBerry ID is tied to one and one device only. You'll need to either switch it over to the device you're using every time or create two separate ID's - one for your ipod and the other for your BlackBerry. Just throwing it out there.

I still love BBM. :-)

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    Oh wow thanks for telling me this. I'll save it for the phone then. That's the one thing I loved about Apple products: iMessage was awesome. Right now I'm using Verizon Message+ and it's pretty good, too.
    06-01-14 01:06 PM
    Ur gonna love all of the keyboard shortcuts! Press "R" while reading an article in the browser, it launches reader mode. No more zooming and scrolling!

Posted via Commodore 64
    Evilguppy likes this.
    06-01-14 04:42 PM
    I dunno I like Snickers.

Welcome to CB, and get a BlackBerry!
    Snickers indeed.

If it has to have a keyboard Q10, if not Z30!
    06-01-14 06:17 PM
    Kitkat sucks! Buy me dark chocolate!

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    Last edited by omar ayman; 06-01-14 at 06:41 PM.
    06-01-14 06:28 PM
    It seems you love your Z10 -- I get that -- but wouldn't you prefer the Q10 with its protracted battery life?
    I'm more comfortable with touch keyboards plus I like the extra screen space. I have the spare battery always at 100% if I ever run out.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-01-14 06:40 PM
    Welcome! I am pretty new to this forum myself. I got a Q10 in April and I did/do have some keyboard issues with it. It is similar to what a lot of people have described/discussed. I haven't sent mine back yet - I was waiting a little bit to see if it resolved itself. It did improve on its own and I also found a couple workarounds where I can still use the device. Verizon has the Z30 for $99 right now, I am getting it tomorrow (I had another upgrade become available on our account). I love the Q10 but I have to be honest and say the keyboard issues are disappointing - because otherwise I would give the phone a 10. You might not have those issues though. I think either way you will LOVE BB10!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-01-14 08:00 PM
    Welcome! I am pretty new to this forum myself. I got a Q10 in April and I did/do have some keyboard issues with it. It is similar to what a lot of people have described/discussed. I haven't sent mine back yet - I was waiting a little bit to see if it resolved itself. It did improve on its own and I also found a couple workarounds where I can still use the device. Verizon has the Z30 for $99 right now, I am getting it tomorrow (I had another upgrade become available on our account). I love the Q10 but I have to be honest and say the keyboard issues are disappointing - because otherwise I would give the phone a 10. You might not have those issues though. I think either way you will LOVE BB10!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    Someone said they replaced a $5 membrane, wasn't real easy, and the issue hasn't returned for them yet.
    06-01-14 08:10 PM
    So sad, not the ideal place to be in
    06-03-14 11:04 PM
    Well it's official: I LOOOOOVE MY NEW Q10!!!!!

So I need my reading glasses to use it, lol. (Hey, PRK surgery could only fix my distance vision, but it's better than nothing)
    And it's taking all my sweat glands, pulled hair and swear words to learn the new OS.
    But wow what a sexy little thing!
    The keyboard is to die for, I haven't had a single typo since getting it. I still have typos on my Note Pro and you should see the size of that keyboard, lol. But the Q10 keyboard is perfect.
    The phone is so swift, smooth and sleek, browsing is a breeze.
    BBM is the best.
    BB Hub is even better.
    The control I get over which app can do what is unmatched.

So yes, it doesn't have the screen real estate of my now defunct Note 3 (may Kitkat die a slow, excruciating and humiliating death for this), that's for sure. But taking the Verizon deal and getting this for free with a 2 year contract was a very good decision.
    kbz1960 and JG_Agustin like this.
    06-05-14 09:35 PM
    Hi everyone.
    Let me preface this by saying that I am heartbroken:
    My beloved Galaxy Note 3 has been taken down by the evil KitKat and I am at my wits ends.
    Apple is not an option.
    I remember back when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth having enjoyed a couple of Blackberry devices, and I want to go back.
    I'm looking at the Q10.
    I would love a physical keyboard so this seems the obvious choice.
    Is there anything I should know about it before I take the plunge?
    I imagine Blackberry has changed a lot since the original Curve, lol.
    I have an Android tablet which I am happy with so apps are not an issue, I just want a safe smartphone that will not paralyze my emails, i need to send pics for work, I need messaging to be reliable. Good battery life is a must.

Thoughts? I'm desperate here, I need all the help and input I can get.
    What has Kit Kat done?
    06-05-14 09:52 PM
    Go to Android Central, in the Verizon Galaxy Note 3 section, read my thread called "Getting discouraged with Kitkat".
    06-05-14 09:56 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-06-14 09:21 AM
    What's that one, Crunchie? With the seafoam inside? That sh*t's the bomb!!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    06-07-14 02:19 AM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon and I did it: on Tuesday I will be receiving a brand new Q10 with a 32 GB so card, and a travel bundle that includes a screen protector, a silicone sleeve and a car charger.
    Now I know that Blackberry has changed since the last time I had one so I need to read all I can about it because I have a feeling the learning curve is going to drive me nuts, lol.
    Congratulations and welcome to the bright side Lots of good folks around here to help if you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy your phone!
    06-07-14 07:41 AM
    Congratulations and welcome to the bright side Lots of good folks around here to help if you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy your phone!
    Oh I am!
    I'm sure that I haven't even made a dent in figuring out all its capabilities but I'm having fun.
    06-07-14 06:49 PM
    Congratulations!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 07:06 PM
    From one evil dude to another welcome to CB!
    Enjoy the Q, I certainly do

Q10, Q5, Z30... Damn I love leaks too much!
    Evilguppy likes this.
    06-07-14 07:07 PM
    Welcome to the family!
    06-08-14 10:51 AM
    Welcome to the forums.
    Follow the rules
    06-08-14 09:21 PM
50 12