Hey guys and gals,

I have been surfing the boards and site for some time now and love the community. I dont even have a BB (yet) but I am already addicted to the site. I have even watched the tutorial on setting up your BB.

My question is I have heard that AT&T does a credit check when you buy a phone. I do not have the greatest rating (wrong decisions when I was yonger) and I was wondering what the odds are that AT&T would deny me a purchase based on this. I understand that you guys do not have my credit rating, I was just wondering if you have heard of someone being denied a purchase before based on a low credit rating. THanks for all your help.
    11-28-07 11:07 AM
    you wont be denied whats going to happen is when they run your credit check you most likely will come out with a deposit.....its your choice to open the service .....they will not deny you....now you will have to pay for the phone and deposit at the store
    11-28-07 11:12 AM
    Great, thanks for the reply, this is exactly why I love this site.
    11-28-07 11:21 AM
    no problem....i work for att so if you have any questions feel free
    11-28-07 11:22 AM
    Sorry to bother you again but what do you mean by a deposit. I plan on buying the phones in the store...is there another fee on top of that?
    11-29-07 10:18 AM
    yes for starting/opening up the line of service.
    11-29-07 02:12 PM
    i think its called the activation fee. so your first bill will be HIGH, my first bill was $260, but i went over with my minutes but after that you should get a standard rate
    11-29-07 02:47 PM
    Activation fee is different from what tulidangel mentioned above. Anybody who signs up a new contract or line, pays an activation fee. A deposit applies to those that do not have good credit.
    11-29-07 02:53 PM
    If I remember correctly, they'll run your credit, and if it's "bad" they'll give you the choice of paying a deposit or setting up a pre-paid type account.
    11-29-07 03:46 PM
    Great guys thanks for your help. Hopefully I will have a new Curve in my hands next Wednesday (5th)
    11-29-07 10:55 PM
    Activation fee is different from what tulidangel mentioned above. Anybody who signs up a new contract or line, pays an activation fee. A deposit applies to those that do not have good credit.
    Do they still charge activation fees over there then? They used to call them connection charges over in the UK but the networks stopped issuing them years ago. . .at least for consumers anyway, not sure if it's different for business users. Also, over here if your credit rating is bad chances are you won't get a contract at all. . .I know of a lot of people from other sites that I visit that just simply can't get a contract for love nor money. . .mind you, that's no bad thing because sometimes credit can be too easy to obtain and puts people in allsorts of trouble!
    11-30-07 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD