How do I go about updating my os, and what exactly will updating change for my phone?

Also, I keep receiving this email from rim-network its says something like "this message is used to carry out data between the blk berry hand held and an associated server, I receive this email every single day any where from 20 or more emails, is anyone else getting this email? If not, any idea why I keep getting it? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 11:49 AM
    10-22-08 11:57 AM
    Try resending your service books. I used to get that email a lot also. Someone suggested to resend the service books, and I haven't received that email anymore. Hope this helps.
    10-22-08 12:41 PM
    There are plenty of places on CB to find the features of OS 4.5, but some include : video recording, improved browser, html mail, etc etc

As for those emails... I believe that is you are on BIS and set up your desktop manager accidentally for BES then this may occur.

10-22-08 12:44 PM
    It sounds kinda like the automated Enterprise Activation email that is sent from the BES server. Your device uses it to kick off the activation process. If this is a company device you might want to check with your IT people.
    10-22-08 01:43 PM
    Thanks all for your replies, what exactly is the service books? sorry a bit new to this.... But am trying to learn as much as I can ... And this is my personal blk berry . Thanks again all. Just sick of receiving this email... Lol

Last edited by sexysweetk22; 10-23-08 at 04:24 PM.
    10-23-08 04:20 PM
    Options > Advanced > Host routing table > menu, register now
    10-23-08 05:05 PM
    Thanks again....

10-23-08 08:17 PM
    Options > Advanced > Host routing table > menu, register now
    Thanks, I did do that... Its been about 2 hrs and have not received that email yet ..

10-23-08 09:50 PM
    Thanks, I did do that... Its been about 2 hrs and have not received that email yet ..

Also make sure that you did not install Desktop Manager for BES. Quick way to check is Start > All Programs > BlackBerry > check for Desktop Redirector. If Desktop Redirector is present, go to Add/Remove programs and modify Desktop Manager for BIS or personal email account.

One more thing, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book. Look for Desktop[CMIME] and Desktop[CICAL]. (If you open them it will have your email address in the UID field.) If they are present on your Berry, delete them both.

hth,

e.n.
    10-23-08 10:16 PM
    Thanks I just did that, hopefully that works... thanks for all the help.

10-26-08 09:21 PM
    okay, so I have done everything that you guys have stated for me to do... however I am still gettting these emails from rim, I am trying to stop it on my own as I hate sitting on the phone for hours trying to figure this out.
    10-27-08 02:05 PM
    thanks all, since updating my os I no longer get that email...
    11-06-08 02:11 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy the addiction
    11-06-08 05:37 PM

Hello & welcome to the CB family!

11-06-08 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD