Is it possible to have different vibrations for different functions.
    Like have quick pulses for emails, and longer pulses for phone calls?

I am using an 8700r btw
    04-05-07 08:47 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry! As far as I know, there is no way to change the vibration as you described. There might be a 3rd party app out there somewhere that could do it, but I have not seen it yet. Sorry.
    04-05-07 09:45 AM
    I really wish there was! I mainly have my device in vibrate mode too. And, yes, Welcome, enjoy your time here...
    04-05-07 09:48 AM
    are the only mobile builder i know that have this function available, but definitely one for the future..............
    04-05-07 03:59 PM
    I'd like to bump this topic back into peoples minds. It's been almost TWO years since this thread started... Has anybody found or written a solution for this??

It is S H O C K I N G that RMI never considered this when designing a "smart" phone. Anybody know of some phones that do offer this besides the mentioned "moto" lines?? Its been a year with this little 8100 and it's about time to move on.

multiple vibrate settings for email, text and phone calls is pretty much top on my list of must have features. i hate nothing more than waiting for my pocket to vibrate a third time to reach into my pocket to answer a call... many times i just end up chucking the phone on my desk to get it out of my pocket as i get a high volume of email. checking my phone every time it vibrates on the first shake is not an option considering the amount of email I get. It'd be nice to know immediately by the type of vibrate that i've got a call.

really i think it would just be nice if you could turn vibrate OFF for emails, maybe give txt messages a short burst vibrate and phone calls a longer vibrate.
    Last edited by wentzr; 10-28-08 at 03:10 PM.
    10-28-08 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD